Campsites with Fishing
Camping and fishingOne of the most popular participation sports in the UK, fishing, is, of course, one of our campers favourite pastimes. View our campsites with fishing either on-site or nearby below.
Advice for fishing on our campsites
Whether you're a pro or just starting out, we want your on-site fishing experience to be exactly what you want to make of it. Here are some tips to make sure you and those around you can have an enjoyable experience.
• Please remember that all water is potentially dangerous, no matter how deep and care should be taken when fishing
• Handle fish with wet hands and care, then release them carefully into the water to avoid any harm to the fish
• Never leave a rod unattended with bait on the bank as this may attract other birds or animals
• Use non-toxic weights where applicable – never lead weights as they are illegal while dust shot (size 8 and smaller) are legal, they are toxic to birds if ingested. Use spillproof containers for lead dust shot and always dispose of used lead safely at home
• Use barbless or micro- barb hooks
• Never leave any litter – take it home for safe disposal
• Many of the fishing sites may have their own rules, please familiarise yourself with them before you fish
Useful fishing resources:
• Angling Trades Associations (ATA)