Motorhome Insurance from Club Care
Motorhome got in more scrapes than the kids? We’ll take Club Care of that.
You already know that motorhome insurance is a necessity, but did you know that our flexible policy can be tailored to your needs? Whether you take your motorhome out every weekend or only once or twice a year, you can choose the cover features that suit you best.
Our policies are designed by members for members, and our 35 years of providing insurance makes us a reliable option. You can trust us to be recommended by friends, too – so you’ll have peace of mind.
Why choose Club Care Insurance?
What discounts are available?You could qualify for the following discounts:
• Discounts for fitting Tyron Safety Bands
• Up to 10% discount for secure storage
• 10% discount for storing in a CaSSOA Gold Site
Other discounts motorhome
• Discounts for the length of the policyholder’s motorhome ownership
• 60% discount for four or more years no claims
5 Event Shelters to be won!
Every month this year we’re giving away prizes to lucky campers; and every month there’s something different on offer. From specialist touring Sat Navs and luxury loungers to top of the range grills and camping TVs; there’s something for everyone.
This year’s must have camping accessory is a Coleman Event Shelter. Perfect for spending time with family and friends, whether you’re on the campsite or at home in the garden.
*Terms and Conditions apply.
Why is motorhome insurance necessary?
How do I make a claim?
What is Continuous Insurance Enforcement?
The police use the Motor Insurance database (MID) to detect uninsured vehicles on the road. It’s estimated that 500 are seized each day and an estimated 300,000 offenders are convicted for driving uninsured every year.
To combat the problem, Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE) was introduced in 2011 and made it an offence to be the registered keeper of a vehicle that is neither listed on the Motor Insurance Database nor registered with the DVLA by Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).
When you insure your motorhome, it’s the insurers’ legal responsibility to upload the details of your vehicle onto the Motor Insurance Database. For peace of mind, you can check that your vehicle has been registered with MID for free.
Why Choose Club Care for your motorhome insurance?
What should I look for in my motorhome insurance cover?
Only specialist insurers fully understand how motorhome owners use their units, and tailor their policies to suit. When buying insurance for your motorhome, be sure to check the following:
• Are you dealing with a specialist motorhome insurance provider who understands your needs?
• If you’re new to motor caravanning, will you be allowed a reduction of premium based on your no claims bonus from your private car, or do you start from scratch?
• Does your policy recognise all the fixtures and fittings, so that if they are damaged, you are fully reimbursed?
• Does the policy provide sufficient contents cover for your motorhome awning and equipment, protecting you from a large replacement bill?
• Does windscreen cover include broken glass in the side windows and any scratched bodywork caused by the broken glass, and have the option of repair being carried out at home?
• How much European cover is extended in one trip? Some insurers say that you are covered annually and yet you cannot travel for any trip exceeding 60 days in one go. Are you charged extra each and every time that you travel?
• In the event of a breakdown, does your motorhome breakdown insurance extend to Europe, with no hidden restrictions for travelling?
• Having your motorhome stolen or damaged is an extremely stressful event. Does your insurer operate a claims department that understands the needs of a motorhome owner?
Make sure that your motorhome insurance policy covers everyone who is travelling. Often one person in the family will do most of the driving, but if you plan for others to take over, they will, of course, also need to be insured.
How do I find the most suitable motorhome insurance policy?
Your policy will vary in relation to the budget you have, the level of cover you need, the type of motorhome you have, the distance you plan to travel, the number of drivers and several other factors.
Generally, insurance companies offer a choice of policies. You'll need to find out what each variation covers and what it doesn’t cover. Motorhome insurance is not like car insurance: it requires specialist knowledge and, as such, you should speak to a specialist motorhome insurance provider.
How do I work out how much contents insurance I need to include on my motorhome insurance?
You need to think about how much it would cost to replace the items in your motorhome. An easy way to do this is to divide your motorhome into different areas and think about what you might have in each space:
• Living space
• Bedroom and bathroom
What do I do if I get a chip on my windscreen?
Don’t worry! Unlimited windscreen damage protection is included with all Club Care insurance policies (unles you opt to restrict it for a discount) and repairs/replacements are carried out by recommended glass repairers. They’ll even come to you, so you’ll avoid the inconvenience of having to take your motorhome to a repairer.
Club Care works with several insurers, so you’ll need to contact the right one (your policy booklet will tell you which one).
If I make modifications to my motorhome, will it affect my policy?
I have a motorhome over 25 years old; will I be able to get a quote?
I've fitted a wheel clamp or a tracking device to my motorhome, how will that affect my premium?
At Club Care Insurance, you’re entitled to a discount if you’re a member of The Camping and Caravanning Club.
Premiums could be reduced if tracking devices, reversing camera and additional security devices are fitted to your motorhome. Other factors that will help reduce your motorhome insurance premium include safe storage as well as low annual mileage.
What types of vehicle do you cover?
We cover all proprietary makes of motorhome, but in addition we can also cover:
• Self-build motorhomes. It's important to find a specialist insurance company that has the experience, knowledge and understanding of the detailed steps and time involved to successfully complete such a DIY self-build motorhome project. We’ll insure your panel van as a motorhome from the start of the policy, so you won’t get a nasty shock for expensive engineer reports when the conversion is completed.
• American RVs. American Recreational Vehicles, or ‘RVs’, represent the absolute height of what’s possible in terms of luxury and space for motorhomes. As more people are attracted to the RV lifestyle, we’ve seen an increase in the number of enquiries for American RV insurance quotes.
What cover is available?
We believe in offering high quality cover, to make sure that your motorhome is properly protected. We therefore offer two types of cover: fully comprehensive and third party fire and theft.
Comprehensive: Our fully comprehensive Motorhome Insurance covers you for claims made by other people (including passengers) for injury to them or damage to their property. This policy also protects your motorhome against loss or damage caused by accidental or malicious acts, vandalism, fire, lightning, theft, self-ignition and explosion.
Third party fire and theft: This protects you against any third party injury or property damage claims made against you as a result of having an accident, and covers you against loss or damage to your motorhome if it is stolen or set on fire.
What is the excess?
An excess is the amount that you agree to pay towards any claim made on your policy. The first element of this is the compulsory excess: the set amount as determined by your insurer. The second part consists of the voluntary excess: an additional amount that you agree to contribute in the event of a claim.
Generally, the higher the level of voluntary excess you choose, the lower the cost of the premium.
Setting your excess is often referred to as a balancing act; you want to keep your premium low, but you still want to be able to put your policy to good use if a claim arises.
What can I use my motorhome for?
Motorhome Insurance only covers your motorhome if it is being used in the way specified in your certificate of insurance; namely social, domestic and pleasure purposes only or including commuting to a single permanent place of work.
The following uses are not covered:
• Racing, pace making or being in any contest or speed trial or any rigorous reliability testing on your motorhome
• Using your motorhome on any race track or circuit
• Any purpose connected with the motor trade
• Hiring – letting out your motorhome in return for a sum of money
• Carrying and transporting passengers or goods for a sum of money
Do you offer an introductory no claims bonus?
No claims bonus is given by an insurer to policyholders who don’t claim on their policy in a period of Motorhome Insurance. This “no claims bonus” is not a “no blame bonus”. If a claim is made for an event that isn’t your fault and the insurer has to make a payment, this will affect any no claims bonus entitlement, unless the insurer can recover their expenses from the person responsible for the event.
At Club Care, we offer an introductory no claims (mirrored) bonus, and no claims bonus protection is available, allowing an agreed number of fault claims within a stated time span without affecting the amount of no claims bonus the client is entitled to.
As proof of your no claims bonus, please submit the renewal notice or letter confirming your no claims bonus from your last/current insurer.