Camping in Isle of Wight
Campsites in Isle of WightCharming towns, stunning views and sandy beaches make camping on the Isle of Wight a must. The Botanical Gardens, Needles and Owl and Monkey Haven are just a few of the things to do once you've pitched up on your Isle of Wight camping site. View our campsite and its fantastic facilities below.
More about camping in Isle of Wight
Sightseeing and coastal delights
Fish and chips on the beach, plenty of sandcastles and scenic coastal delights…
- One of the most famous natural attractions, the Needles makes a great day out for the whole family. Ride the chairlift to the top of the Alum Bay cliffs for spectacular views of the beach below and the famous Needles Rocks. A visit to the Alum Bay Glass Shop, the Isle of Wight Sweet Manufactory and the Sand Shop are great ways to fill a day away from the campsite. Boat trips are available for those wanting to get a closer look at the Needle Rocks and lighthouse. Choose from a leisurely 20-minute pleasure boat or a 15-minute quick trip.
- One of the islands popular stretches of sand is Shanklin beach which is around a 10-minute drive from Adgestone Club Site. The traditional English seafront promenade accompanying the beach offers all of the usual attractions to fill a fun family day out at the seaside. Spend time with kids in the large amusement arcade or try your hand at crazy golf, alternatively spend some time milling around the cafés and souvenir shops. The beach itself is sandy and safe, with clear waters and protection from winds.
- Overlooking Sandown Bay, less than a 10-minute drive from Adgestone Club Site, Brading Roman Villa is one of the best preserved Roman sites in the UK. Visit the museum and visitor centre to see expertly maintained mosaic floors and over 100,000 artefacts from the site. Easy access, free parking, a café and a souvenir shop make for an easy trip from the campsite.
- Sandown Beach, just a 10-minute drive from Adgestone Club Site offers miles of golden sand, ideal for a traditional bucket and spade day. The pier offers plenty of amusements and places to grab a bite to eat.
- Slightly further afield, around a 30-minute drive away, you'll find St Catherine's Lighthouse Visitor Centre. Today you can take a 40-minute tour of the building which was the site of a light to warm ships of the coast since 1323. You'll be able to see the Channel and learn about the history of the lighthouse on your tour.
- Monkey Haven is a primate rescue centre, just over 20-minutes away from Adgestone Club Site by car. As well as gibbons, marmosets and capuchins, the centre is also home to owls, kookaburras, reptiles and more.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is around a 15-minute drive from Adgestone Club Site. Meet friendly donkeys, learn about the centre and enjoy the café and gift shop.
- In Sandown, the Amazon World Zoo Park is home to a wide range of rare and exotic animals. Ocelot, meerkats, tapirs and sloths are just a few of the mammals you'll meet. Turtles, crocodiles, tarantulas and chameleons are also housed at the zoo.
- The Dinosaur Isle Museum in Sandown showcases over 1,000 fossils, life-sized models and animatronic dinosaurs. All of the exhibits are indoors, which makes it a great option on a rainy day. The family-friendly centre is right next to the beach, and there's a café next door.
- Meet all kinds of animals at the Isle of Wight Zoo, from tiny bees to magnificent tigers. Just 10-minutes away from our campsite by car, it's an excellent option for families. Visit the small mammal zoo to meet meerkats, wallabies, racoons and hedgehogs. Bigger animals like tigers, lions and primates are also on display. The zoo offers good facilities and a café to refuel throughout the day.
- Ventnor Botanic Gardens are around a 20-minute drive away from Adgestone. There are plenty of trails, specially designed with children in mind. The Lizard Safari, Dinosaur Plant Trail and Champion Tree Trail are just a few of the options.
- Just over 20-minutes away from Adgestone campsite is Carisbrooke Castle with lovely Edwardian gardens, a museum full of history and even friendly donkeys. Walk the Norman keep and walls, learn about the castles royal history and see the 16th-century guardhouse and chapel which was built in 1904. Donkeys were used to get water from the wells at the castle, and today you can see them at work. The period gardens are worth exploring.
- The holiday home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, Osbourne House is a reflection of their style and taste. Walk around the state and family rooms with their original furnishings; view the gardens and their stunning views before stopping off at the café or Terrace Restaurant and Orangery.
- The Shipwreck Centre in Arreton is around a 15-minute drive from our Adgestone Club Site. Showcasing shipwreck finds from around the local coast, early diving equipment, navigational instruments and much more. The Shipwreck Centre is a great day out for anyone interested in maritime past and the history of diving.
- Lilliput Antique Doll and Toy Museum have an extensive collection of antique dolls and toys. German dolls, teddy bears, model trains, dolls houses and puzzles are all part of the collection. If you're interested in antiques, this is a great idea for a rainy day.
With clean air, stunning views and charming little towns full of shops and eateries to explore, camping in the Isle of Wight is the perfect holiday choice whatever your age!
More popular destinations
Join the Club
Whether you choose to holiday with a caravan, tent, motorhome, campervan or any touring unit, we offer the best range of pitches and facilities. We even have glamping and holidays overseas. Join The Camping and Caravanning Club to benefit from over 100 years’ expertise and discounts carefully tailored to our members.
30% off Club Sites and other discounts including retailers, days out and events and many more…
Access to an exclusive network of over 1,300 member-only small sites across the UK
Don't miss out on your favourite locations - book up to a year in advance with priority booking for members
Friendly UK Service Centre, free technical advice, insurance products tailored for members