Camping in Surrey
Campsites in SurreyFrom fun family activities, to mouth-watering restaurants, camping in Surrey offers something for the whole family. Hampton Court Palace, Thorpe Park and The British Wildlife Centre are just a few attractions worth a visit. For walkers, the North Downs are on your doorstep.
More about camping in Surrey
Steeped in history, the region’s picturesque villages and vibrant market towns nestle in stunning countryside. Camberley, Ashford and Farnham are just a few of the towns to visit during your Surrey camping trip. From history and nature, to roller coasters and llamas, camping in Surrey offers something for the whole family.
• Built in 1066, just after William the Conqueror invaded England, Guildford Castle is a great attraction for the whole family. The tower and upper levels of the castle can be visited for a small fee. Climb to the great tower for 360 degree views of Guildford and the surrounding areas. The castle grounds are well maintained and dogs on leads are welcome. Guildford Caste is just a 25-minute drive away from our Chertsey Club Site.
• Polesden Lacey, a National Trust owned estate offers great architecture and plenty of family fun. The interior of the Edwardian house was designed to impress and a walk through the building today certainly does just that. Visit the library, tea room, dining room and more to discover what life was like on the estate in its peak. Activities for kids include the natural play area, visiting the chickens and exploring the beehives. Check out the dressing up rooms and giant picture frame to recreate an old family portrait. Our Horsley Club Site is just a 20-minute drive from here.
• Visit the remains of the Chilworth Gunpowder Mills which opened in 1626. There isn’t much to see here now but if you do your research before you go, it isn’t hard to visualise the buildings in their former glory. The river and woodland make a lovely dog walk.
• If you’re interest in the Arts, Watts Chapel and Watts Gallery are a must. The picturesque chapel is a Grade I listed building with a stunning interior.
• Chessington World of Adventures has something for everyone, making it a great day off of the campsite. Enjoy roller coasters, themed lands and daily shows at the theme park. You can also visit Chessington Zoo, SEA LIFE Centre and make use of all of the attractions facilities. You’re also given a rainy day guarantee so if it rains for more than an hour on the day of your visit, you can go back on another day to explore. Walton on Thames Club Site is a 25-minute drive Chessington World of Adventure.
• Another destination for thrill seekers camping near surrey, Thorpe Park is one of the top theme parks in the UK. From Derren Brown’s Ghost Train to the Angry Birds 4D Experience, there’s a ride for every family member to enjoy. As with any family friendly attraction we recommend, Thorpe Park has great facilities. Refuel at any of the food outlets and enjoy the themed gift shops in different areas of the park.
• Brooklands Museum is home to the London Bus Museum and showcases aviation and motor vehicles as well as memorabilia and educational exhibits. The Concorde Experience is a 35 minute tour of the aircraft, which ceased operation in 2003. Brooklands was home to the first ever Grand Prix races and the F1 Exhibition showcases some of the early cars. Have a go in the F1 simulator to see if you have what it takes to drive the McLaren car on a track.
• Visit over 100 llamas and alpacas and even a small herd of reindeer at The Llama Park. Kids can ride a donkey or walk an alpaca for a hands-on experience. The play area has a picnic area nearby which is the perfect spot for refuelling after a day of fun.
• The Sculpture Park is a year-round exhibition with over 650 sculptures to see. The two mile trail makes a lovely walk year-round. There are picnic areas and benches throughout the grounds.
• Godstone Farm is home to a wide array of animals. Get hands-on with rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and other small animals. Cows, pigs, sheep, llamas and alpacas are just a few of the other animals you’ll get to meet on the farm. There are indoor and outdoor play areas as well as a tea room and gift shop to occupy a full day out.
Other Surrey attractions
• Walk around the perimeter of Virginia Water Lake or simply relax and enjoy the view. See the Totem Pole, gifted to HM The Queen in 1958 and take your dog along to enjoy the open space. Enjoy a coffee and light bite at the Virginia Water Pavilion or walk to The Savill Garden to make use of the shop and restaurant.
• RHS Wisley Gardens is home to some of the best plant collections in the world. Visit The Glasshouse, the Exotic Garden, The Alpine Meadow and many more areas dedicated to education and conservation.
• Enjoy heathland and woodland with great views at Bourne Wood near Farnham. The healthy woodland has great walking paths, allowing you to take in the stunning scenery. Bourne Wood has been the filming location of many films and TV shows including Snow White and the Huntsman, Jurassic World, Gladiator and more.
• Visit the ruins of Betchworth Castle, an old medieval house which overlook the River Mole.
• The Surrey Hills are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offer endless walking, running and cycling tracks. With open commons, plenty of picnic sites and glorious views, the area is loved by locals and visitors alike.
More popular destinations
Join the Club
Whether you choose to holiday with a caravan, tent, motorhome, campervan or any touring unit, we offer the best range of pitches and facilities. We even have glamping and holidays overseas. Join The Camping and Caravanning Club to benefit from over 100 years’ expertise and discounts carefully tailored to our members.
30% off Club Sites and other discounts including retailers, days out and events and many more…
Access to an exclusive network of over 1,300 member-only small sites across the UK
Don't miss out on your favourite locations - book up to a year in advance with priority booking for members
Friendly UK Service Centre, free technical advice, insurance products tailored for members