Postern Hill Campsite
With 4,500 acres of the Savernake Forest to explore, camping on Postern Hill allows for both relaxation and the chance to explore. From the moment you arrive you’ll love the secluded site which is hidden within the rich canopy of the ancient forest.
Things to do:
- Explore an array of gentle trails and paths which take you through the forest and off into the surrounding countryside.
- Take a short drive (or 20 minute walk) into near-by Marlborough. The picturesque market town has all you need, including a range of shops, a Post Office and a wide choice of pubs and restaurants.
- Near-by attractions include Longleat Safari Park and the Kennet and Avon canal. Or you can immerse yourself in ancient history with visits to the Avebury Stone Circle and Stonehenge.
- Savernake is an important habitat for a number of wild birds, plants and animals, making it an ideal spot for nature lovers.
The important bit- facilities:
- Dogs are welcome on site.
- There’s a toilet block with hot and cold running water but no showers. Please note: Toilets are not available during the winter months so your own chemical toilet is essential.
- Grass and grass with electric pitches available.
- Most unit types accepted
Read more about Postern Hill campsite on the Camping in the Forest website.