Beautiful Bournemouth CampsitesBournemouth is a charming coastal resort with a blend of traditional English seaside charm and bustling city life making it a popular destination for a camping holiday. Whether you’re looking for an action-packed vacation away or a more relaxed holiday sunbathing by the beach, Bournemouth has it all. Browse all our Bournemouth campsites today.
Bournemouth camping FAQs
What are the best Bournemouth campsites?
Can I camp on Bournemouth beach?
Can you wild camp in Bournemouth?
Last Modified: 28 Apr 2023
Which Bournemouth campsites are near the beach?
Which campsites in Bournemouth have swimming pools?
Last Modified: 28 Apr 2023
Things to do and see while camping in Bournemouth
Recognised as a spa town in the early 1800s, Bournemouth is steeped in rich history and heritage and has a number of different attractions to visit and learn more about Bournemouth’s past.
- Russell-Cotes Art Gallery Museum is a unique Victorian inspired museum. Find out all about the Russell-Cotes house, enjoy the beautiful galleries showcasing the artwork and stroll through the beautiful garden.
- Situated on the cliff top, Highcliffe Castle is considered one of the most important preserved houses of the Romantic and Picturesque architecture. In modern day, you can visit the cliff top castle that overlooks Christchurch Bay.
- Bournemouth Natural Science Society & Museum is a registered charity that has been welcoming explorers of all ages since 1921. The Society runs an extensive programme of events, including museum open days and cultural visits.
Explore Bournemouth beaches
Bournemouth is home to a collection of stunning beaches waiting to be explored. If you are looking for a campsite located nearby the coast, our Verwood Club Site is ideally situated near Bournemouth. Bournemouth Beach is largely received as one of the most beautiful beaches in the UK. With golden sand and beautiful clear water, it is one of England’s greatest natural beauty treasures. Other Bournemouth beaches definitely worth visiting include:
- Sandbanks Beach
- Southbourne Beach
- Boscombe Beach
- Alum Chine Beach
- Durley Chine Beach
- Hengistbury Head Beach
Hiking in Bournemouth
Bournemouth has several amazing trails to enjoy a walk with some of Great Britain’s most gorgeous scenery. Stour Valley Nature Reserve has beautiful walking trails and a river for cooling off on hot summer days. Other great trails include:
- Hengistbury Head Loop Trail
- Penn Hill to Branksome Chine Circular
- Bournemouth Coast
- Bournemouth to Swanage via West Undercliff Promenade
Bournemouth is a popular destination amongst families and has plenty of exciting activities to do.
- Bournemouth Gardens - Spend the day roaming Bournemouth Gardens, part of the Bourne Valley Greenway.
- Adventure Wonderland Bournemouth - Have an action-packed day out at Adventure Wonderland Bournemouth. With over 30 rides and attractions, it’s no surprise it is voted Dorset’s top family attraction.
- The Bournemouth Pier Zip Line - This is the world’s first pier to shore zip wire, boasting a 250-metre dual zip wire.
- Bournemouth Big Wheel - Take in the breath-taking views of Bournemouth on the Bournemouth Big Wheel.
- Bournemouth Oceanarium – Come face to face with our friends with fins at Bournemouth Aquarium. Here there are animal experiences, displays, café and a terrace!
- Bournemouth Pier – With an arcade, theatre, café and boat rides, the Bournemouth Pier has it all!
Bournemouth’s has been well loved by surfers since it was first discovered in the early 60’s and is home to one of the first recognised surf clubs in the UK, as a result it’s no surprise is Bournemouth now a bustling hub for an array of water sport activities.
There are plenty of surfing schools at different beaches in Bournemouth suitable for ranging experiences, from people trying their hand at something new all the way to seasoned surfers.
There are also other water sport activities to enjoy in Bournemouth, including:
- Scuba diving
- Jet skiing
Some great outdoor activity centres to try out outdoor activities include:
- Jurassic Watersports
- Everyone’s Adventure