Terms and Conditions - Conditions Of Contract
HOLIDAY BOOKING CONDITIONS
You enter into a booking with us when we issue your Booking Confirmation. If you then cancel, there will be cancellation charges. Initially this may only be a deposit, but can go up to 100%.
You can make changes to your booking in certain circumstances. We make a charge for this.
We can change and cancel your booking. We’ll pay you compensation in certain circumstances.
We are responsible to you for providing your holiday but there are legal limits.
The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (“The Regulations”) require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for the package holidays booked from this programme and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency. We provide this security by way of a bond held by ABTA.
In the unlikely event of our insolvency, ABTA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit www.abta.com
If you book arrangements other than a package holiday from this programme, the financial protection referred to above does not apply.
Please read the full terms below for more information and for other important rights and obligations.
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club and what we do
We are The Camping and Caravanning Club Limited (“The Club”) of Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.
Our business is to make arrangements with suppliers (ferry operators, campsites, etc.) under which they will provide the services which together comprise your holiday.
2. Your holiday booking
A booking will exist as soon as we issue your Booking Confirmation. This booking is made on the terms of these booking conditions. As soon as your Booking Confirmation is received it is your responsibility to check the details and call us within 48 hours if there are any errors so that we can rectify them. You may also make any amendments to your booking within 48 hours of receiving your Booking Confirmation without incurring any amendment fee charges from us. Regrettably we cannot accept any responsibility for such errors or omissions or amendments after this time. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions.
When making your booking for your package holiday we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with us or other supplier(s) (e.g. ferry operator/campsites, etc.) named on your Booking Confirmation(s) for whom we act as agent. As agent we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the supplier(s) or for the services provided by them other than as set out in these Booking Conditions. Our Terms & Conditions will apply to your booking and we advise you to read these carefully as they do contain important information about your booking.
3. Paying for Your Holiday
When you make your booking you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £20 (£75 for Winter Sun bookings) per booking; plus Holiday cover premiums which are payable in full at the time of your booking.
A deposit of £100 per week is required for mobile home/chalet holidays. Some companies may charge for the full amount of the ferry/Eurotunnel journey at the time of booking and this may not be refundable. This may also apply to some campsites' early booking offers. We will not issue a reminder. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid not less than 60 days before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit.
In the case of late bookings, where the departure date is less than 60 days away when we issue the Booking Confirmation, full payment must be made at the time of booking. A £15 fee will apply to any amendment to a campsite, rally or ferry booking. When booking a campsite a £15 summer site booking fee or £75 winter sun site booking fee will be applied, but will be waived when the booking includes an outward and return ferry crossing or an outward and return Eurotunnel crossing booked with the Club's European Travel Service and associated with the campsite stay. These fees will apply whether booking while in the UK or abroad. You will never be charged more than one such fee at any one time but the highest applicable fee will apply - to a maximum of £75. In addition, a £20 fee will apply to any booking made by anyone who is not a Camping and Caravanning Club member.
If any surcharges become applicable (see condition 6) we will send you a revised Booking Confirmation, to which the foregoing payment terms will apply. If we have not received the outstanding balance by the due date as specified above you will be deemed to have cancelled the holiday and will be liable to us for cancellation charges as described in condition 8. When paying by cheque please allow 7 clear banking days for the cheque to clear. Cheques should be made payable to “The Camping and Caravanning Club”. Mastercard, Visa and Maestro cards are accepted (sorry we are unable to accept Electron or American Express). Cheques are not accepted for non-refundable payments which are required by some transport carriers and some other products.
4. What does your holiday price include?
Your Booking Confirmation will detail all the goods and services which we will agree to procure or arrange on your behalf. During your holiday you will inevitably incur additional expenditure in respect of other items.
- Electricity, water and drainage at the pitch, where available and required (unless stated on the Booking Confirmation that these items are included in the holiday price);
- Any other special requests which you have notified to us and which our suppliers are able to make available (unless stated on the Booking Confirmation that these items are included in the holiday price);
- Motorway tolls; food and other provisions; items of personal expenditure;
- Holiday cover (unless we have agreed to arrange this on your behalf in which case they will be listed on the Booking Confirmation as included in the holiday price).
5. Special requests
We will pass on to the supplier concerned any special requests which you have notified to us and which are detailed in your Booking Confirmation but we cannot guarantee that your requests will be met and we accept no liability to you in respect thereof. A few campsites guarantee special requests, subject to an extra charge. Any such charges for special requests are subject to the campsite cancellation terms as set out in 8 below.
6. Price changes
Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel; dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports; taxes applying to campsite stays (including VAT and tourist tax and any other taxes); and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 20 days of your departure.
We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any administration charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this means paying more than 8% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any administration charges. Should you decide to cancel:
1) You must do so within 14 days from the date on your final Booking Confirmation.
2) We will provide a refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should the price of your holiday go down due to changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
7. Holiday cover
Where you have asked us to arrange continental motoring breakdown insurance and/or personal travel and emergency medical insurance on your behalf these policies are underwritten by Collinson Insurance Services, Sussex House, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1DN, under the policy details set out in the Foreign Travel Insurance section on our website. All Holiday cover premiums include the Insurance Premium Tax of 20% for personal elements and 12% for motor elements. Your Holiday cover policy, or a link to view it on-line, will be sent to you together with your Booking Confirmation at the time of booking. You may cancel your holiday cover within 14 days of receipt of your Booking Confirmation. We will refund your premium in full provided no claims have been made (exclusions apply). If you are not taking our personal insurance cover, please note that providing us with proof of alternative cover is a condition of booking a pitch, tour, or other accommodation. If you would like more information you should telephone us on 024 7642 2024, particularly if you feel the Holiday cover may not meet your needs.
8. If You Cancel Your Holiday
You may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Cancellation may be in respect of all or merely one or more members of the party. We will only effect the cancellation upon written or verbal notice by the person who made the booking. We recommend that you make the cancellation by email or telephone. If you cancel by telephone, please ask for the name of the person you speak to. If you decide to cancel in writing, please obtain proof of delivery.
Our telephone number is 02476 422024
Our email address is email@example.com
Our offices are open Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.30, except on Bank Holidays.
To compensate us for the risk that we might not be able to resell all or any part of the cancelled holiday we shall be entitled to impose a charge as shown below:
Ferry Operator Terms and Conditions
All amendments and cancellations are subject to a £15 administration fee in addition to any charges levied by the Ferry Operator.
Payment is in full at time of booking. Your fare is non-refundable if cancelled.
- Up to 24 hours before departure the fare is subject to a £3.00 cancellation fee on both the outward and return crossing (if applicable).
- 24 hours or less - 50% cancellation charges apply, plus a £3 cancellation fee each leg, after departure 100% cancellation charge is levied.
- If you have booked a special offer fare, you may have opted for an Economy ticket which is non-refundable.
Please note; your fare will be subject to amendment fees of a minimum of £20 each way, and €25 each way on Euro routes. If the change applies to both the outward and return sailings, then the fee is £40, or €50 on euro routes. These fees are in addition to any increase in the fare price.
Please note; If you remove a passenger from the booking, Irish Ferries will not refund any monies.
If travelling Ireland to France with Irish Ferries 25% deposit payment is required at the time of booking.
The following cancellation fees will also apply:
UK to Ireland
- Cancellations made 42 days+ 25% of fare
- Cancellations made 21 to 41 days 50% of fare
- Cancellations made 0 to 20 days 100% of fare
- Cancellations made after sailing 100% of fare
Ireland to France
- Cancellations made 42 days+ loss of €100
- Cancellations made 21 to 41 days 50% of fare
- Cancellations made 0 to 20 days 100% of fare
- Cancellations made after sailing 100% of fare
- No refunds will be given on any booking after outbound travel has commenced
- No refunds will be given on any unused portion of a ticket.
Payment is in full at time of booking. Your fare is non-refundable if cancelled.
DFDS Seaways charge a £20 amendment fee.
- Please note: Your fare is subject to an amendment fee of £15 per amendment up to 5 days prior to departure. Less than 5 days prior to departure, the amendment fee is £25.
- Deposit is 25% of the total Brittany Ferries price.
The following cancellation fees will apply:
- Cancellations made 60 days+ Loss of Brittany Ferries deposit + Brittany Ferries amendment fee. Refund of balance is by the method of payment.
- Cancellations made 6 to 59 days Loss of Brittany Ferries deposit + Brittany Ferries amendment fee. Refund of balance is in the form of a Brittany Ferries voucher.
- Cancelling between 5 to 0 days 100% of fare.
Brittany Ferries Ireland to France & Spain routes
- An amendment fee of €15 is payable for any change to your booking if within 46 days of your outward travel date. Promotional fares attract specific amendment fees detailed in the promotion.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure a booking.
The following cancellation fees will apply:
- Cancellation over 46 days before departure will result in the loss of deposit, the refund will be made by the payment method you used.
- Cancellation between 8-46 days before departure will result in a loss of deposit paid plus Brittany Ferries amendment fees, the refund will be in the form of a Brittany Ferries Travel Voucher.
- Cancellation between 0 - 7 days before departure will result in 100% loss of fare paid.
Please note: Your fare is subject to amendment fees of a minimum of £15 each way. If the charge applies to both the outward and return sailings, then the fee is £30.00. These fees are in addition to any increase in fare price.
The following cancellation fees will also apply:
- Cancellations made 28 days+ before the outbound leg £15
- Cancellations made 7 to 27 days before the outbound leg 25% of fare
- Cancellations made 2 to 6 days before the outbound leg 50% of fare
- Cancellations made less than 2 days and 60 minutes before the outbound leg 100% of fare
A no show will incur 100% of the fare.
Dover to Calais & Irish Sea Routes
Payment in full at time of booking. Your fare is non-refundable if cancelled. Price shown is the Economy Fare. If you require the Flexi Fare, please call us on 02476 422024 (Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.30)
Hull to Zeebrugge/Rotterdam the following cancellations fees will apply:
- Cancellations made 56 days+ 15%
- Cancellations made 29 to 56 days 25%
- Cancellations made 15 to 28 days 50%
- Cancellations made 14 days or less 100%
Period before arrival on site
|Period before arrival on site
|31 days and over
||Equivalent to deposit
|30 to 16 days
||50% of campsite pitch fees
|15 to 8 days
||75% of campsite pitch fees
7 days to day of arrival (or after site booking has commenced)
|100% of campsite pitch fees
A ‘no show’ will result in loss of booking, and 100% cancellation fees.
Please note that our standard administration fee of £15 will be charged or the campsite booking fee (where applicable) will be retained.
Where applicable we shall deduct the cancellation charge from any balance previously paid by you in respect of the cancelled holiday and only refund the balance.
Holiday cover and extras
The cancellation charges detailed above do not include Holiday cover premiums; these will be refunded on a pro rata basis (exclusions apply). In the case of amended bookings, the above conditions will apply to the earliest date of either the original booking or the amended booking.
9. If you Change Your Booking
If, 48 hours after your Booking Confirmation has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request to change your booking must be made via email or by phoning our Sales Centre by the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £15, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
You can transfer your booking to another person, who satisfies all the conditions that apply to this booking, by giving us notice via email or telephone as soon as possible and no later than 7 days before departure. Both you and the new traveller are responsible for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer.
10. If we change your booking
We will notify you as soon as reasonably possible in the unlikely event that we have to make major changes to your holiday after the balance due date. A major change is one that involves changing your port of departure/arrival on either outward or return crossings, changing the time of your departure or return by more than 12 hours, changing your holiday campsite or substituting an alternative stopover which is more than 20km from your original choice or is of a lower official standard. In any of these circumstances you will have the option of:
i accepting the revised arrangement as notified to you;
ii purchasing another available holiday from us;
iii cancelling your holiday.
If you decide to purchase another holiday which we offer to you or to cancel outright you must notify us of your decision within 14 days of the date printed on our Booking Confirmation which notifies the change.
If you choose to cancel outright we will refund all monies which you have paid to us and also (where appropriate under The Regulations – a copy of The Regulations is available from the Club’s European Travel Service), pay you compensation.
Compensation payments do not apply where changes have been forced on us by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist act, industrial disputes, nuclear and natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, endemic health risks, unavoidable technical problems to transport or the closure or congestion of ports or similar events beyond our control. Where we are obliged to make major changes to your holiday after it has begun we shall use our best endeavours to provide you with alternative arrangements and, where we are required to do so under the Regulations, compensate you for the difference between the services originally agreed and the services actually provided. Where your holiday destination is outside the UK and where it is impossible for us to make alternative arrangements of reasonable standard we will arrange (if you wish) for you and your party to return as soon as possible to the UK. For all holidays involving ferry travel you are advised to check your homeward arrangements with the ferry operator 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your homeward sailing.
11. If we cancel your booking
We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel less than 60 days before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance, or because the minimum number required for the package to go ahead hasn’t been reached. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances mean a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an alternative holiday of comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
In the event a refund is paid to you, we will:
Provide a full refund of your Holiday Cover premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
12. Ferries, Eurotunnel and campsites:
Important information Before your departure we will give you precise details of the times at which you should arrive at the chosen port for your outward and homeward journeys (all ferry departure and arrival times are quoted in local time). Should you fail to do so and miss your sailing we shall have no liability to you. Please remember that the ferry operator is expecting you to travel in the vehicle which you have notified to us prior to the departure date. Should you fail to do so and the ferry operator refuses to allow you to sail or imposes any additional charge we shall have no liability to you. If the dimensions of your vehicle have not been correctly declared, the ferry operator may charge you additional fees at port, or refuse carriage.
Any special ferry company discounts published by the Club’s European Travel Service in this brochure or in any other subsequent Club publication will not apply to any shareholder prices in the ferry company concerned, nor can such discounts be applied to any package holiday price quoted.
The Club has made every effort to ensure that campsite descriptions and all other information provided is accurate and to ensure that information held on file is up-to-date and correct. However, you should be aware that circumstances may change and in particular that campsite managers reserve the right to withdraw or change site facilities at any time. Accordingly, we reserve the right to change any of the services and facilities or other information described or given in this brochure before you enter into a binding contract with us.We will notify you of these changes on your Booking Confirmation. If campsite managers notify us of important changes after you have booked but before your departure date every effort will be made to ensure that you are informed of them before you travel.
You are subject to the conditions of carriage of the ferry companies and to the rules of each campsite which are available upon request from our office. Besides their contract with us, you will have the benefits (and burdens) of the contracts between themselves and the ferry companies and the insurers.
A site reservation is valid from 1500 on the chosen day of arrival until midday on the day of departure unless stated otherwise in our brochure description or other documentation which we issue to you. If you are for any reason unable to reach the site on the booked arrival day you must inform either the Club’s European Travel Service or the site directly to avoid automatic cancellation.
Some sites close between 1200 and 1500. Most sites operate a curfew after 2200. You will not be allowed onto the camping area between or after these times. Any early departure (before 0700) should be notified to the site management in good time. We will not be liable for any problems which you may encounter through failure to adhere to these times and formalities.
Any star ratings afforded to a campsite are a matter between the campsite and its own national or regional regulatory body. Every effort is made to ensure that an objective indication as to the individual appeal of each campsite is given in this brochure. However, you should remember that a campsite which may appeal to an individual during the low season may change in character with the advent of the high season when all amenities may be under the strain of a large influx of people. It is also often the case that some facilities are only available in high season, thereby also affecting the nature and style of the campsite. All these factors should be considered when making your choice of site.
Please remember that any ferry or Eurotunnel tickets which we obtain for you are valid only for the sailings or Eurotunnel journeys specifically indicated on the tickets. If you wish to prolong or curtail your holiday it will be your responsibility to arrange an alternative homeward sailing and/or Eurotunnel journey via the Club’s European Travel Service or the supplier concerned. This condition shall be without prejudice to the provisions of condition 8.
The Club will not be responsible for refreshments/meals and overnight accommodation as a result of a delay experienced at the outward or homeward ports of departure. We strongly recommend that the appropriate European Travel Service Holiday cover is taken out to cover such eventualities.
13. Our Liability to You
You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. If any of the travel services included in your package are not performed in accordance with the contract, or are improperly performed, by us or the travel service suppliers, and this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services is due to: you or another member of your party; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel services in the package and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this booking; and
b) Any relevant international convention, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions from The Camping and Caravanning Club. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in these booking conditions. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the service provider will be deducted.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
13. Protecting your money
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays by way of a bond held by ABTA – The Travel Association, 30 Park Street, London. SE1 9EQ. For more information please visit www.abta.com
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number V3987. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
15. Customer complaints and problems
If you have a complaint about any component of your holiday you should report that complaint immediately to the supplier of the service concerned. If you are unable to resolve the problem you should contact us using the telephone number which will be provided to you prior to departure, or email Holiday.Operations@myccc.co.uk, and we will use our best endeavours to help you. In the case of campsite complaints, our experience is that such problems are often seen in better perspective after a night’s rest on site. We recommend that whenever possible, you should stay at least one night on site before attempting to change site. In the case of a complaint concerning a rally, you should first ask the Rally Stewards for help in resolving it, and if this is not possible you should contact us as described above. If a medical or other emergency arises during the holiday please follow the directions or recommendations set out in your Holiday cover policy. If the policy does not apply to the situation which has arisen you may contact us on the telephone number which will be provided to you prior to departure.
If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by emailing Holiday.firstname.lastname@example.org, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information.If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may affect your rights under this booking.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, please see clause 14 regarding ABTA’s dispute resolution service.
16. Additional assistance
If you’re in difficulty whilst on holiday and ask us to help we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance; and helping you to find alternative arrangements and any necessary phone calls/emails. You must pay any costs we incur, if the difficulty is your fault.
17. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book whilst on holiday, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
19. 2018/19 Exchange Rates
Prices have been calculated using the following exchange rates:
Eurozone - Euro - 1.10 (for our summer 2019 programme)
Switzerland - Swiss Franc - 1.23
Eurozone – Euro 1.12 (for our winter sun 2018-19 programme)
20. Law and jurisdiction
This booking is governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
Important information about our Insurance products
The insurance cover is arranged by us through Intana (a trading name of Collinson Insurance Services Limited), and all our policies are underwritten by Collinson Insurance Services Limited.
Please read the insurance policies before agreeing to take out the Club's Insurance. View more details about the Club's insurance products – please pay particular attention to the significant Exclusions and Benefits of the policies.
Unless your trip will be completed within one month of taking out this insurance, you have a 14 day cooling off period from the date you receive your policy documentation – if you decide you wish to cancel your insurance during this period and have not already travelled or intend to make a claim, please contact the Club's Travel Service on 024 7642 2024 and we will arrange a refund of your premium.
By ticking the box to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions, you are also confirming that you have read the insurance policies , and agree to the conditions of insurance.
You must comply with the following conditions in order to have full protection under this policy. If You do not comply We may, at Our option, cancel the policy, refuse to deal with Your claim or reduce the amount of any claim payment. This insurance operates on the following basis:
- To be covered, You must be healthy, fit to travel and to undertake Your planned Trip;
- The insurance will NOT cover You when You are travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner (or would be travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner had You sought his/her advice);
- The insurance will NOT cover You when You are travelling with the intention of obtaining medical treatment or consultation abroad.
- The insurance will NOT cover You if You have any undiagnosed symptoms that require attention or investigation in the future (that is symptoms for which You are awaiting investigations/consultations, or awaiting results of investigations, where the underlying cause has not been established).
- No claim arising directly or indirectly from any Pre-existing Medical Conditions affecting You will be covered unless:
You have declared that condition to Us (Intana); and
You have declared any changes in Your health or prescribed medication; and
We (Intana) have accepted that condition for insurance in writing.
A pre-existing medical condition is defined as:
1. Any past or current Medical Condition that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow up/check-up has been required or received during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any Trip: and
2. Any cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any Trip
Each Insured Person who has Pre-existing Medical Conditions must make a Medical Health Declaration before each Period of Insurance and, if there are any changes in the health or prescribed medication, prior to booking or departing on any Trip. Failure to declare any Pre-existing Medical Condition that is relevant to the insurance may invalidate the policy.
We may require You to obtain a medical report from Your General Practitioner or Consultant in order to assess whether cover applies. Any costs incurred in obtaining this medical report shall be borne by You. Based on Our assessment of the medical information supplied to Us, We will decide whether or not the person is suitable for insurance, if certain exclusions or restrictions should be imposed, or if cover can be offered subject to the payment of an additional premium. If We offer cover, it is subject to written confirmation by us.
To declare Pre-existing Medical Conditions or a change in Your state of health or prescribed medication, You should contact the Medical Screening Helpline during office hours on: 01444 442430. This policy will NOT cover any claims under Section 6 (Cancellation, Curtailment or Trip Interruption) arising directly or indirectly from a Pre-existing Medical Condition, known to You prior to the commencement of the Period of Insurance, affecting any Close Relative, travelling companion or person with whom You intend to stay whilst on Your Trip:
- for which they have required surgery, inpatient treatment or hospital consultations, or have been prescribed medication or undergone any treatment during the 90 days immediately prior to the commencement of the Period of Insurance; or
- if they were on a waiting-list for, or have knowledge of the need for, surgery, inpatient treatment or investigation at any hospital or clinic at the commencement of the Period of Insurance; or
- if they have received a terminal diagnosis prior to the commencement of the Period of Insurance.
The main benefits of our policies, which are underwritten by Collinson Insurance Services Limited and arranged through Intana include:
- Up to £10 million for emergency Medical costs and repatriation
- Up to £3,500 for cancellation and cutting your trip short (curtailment)
- Up to £2,000 for personal luggage
- If you have a valid medical expenses claim, up to £1,500 for additional accommodation and travelling costs if someone has to stay with you to accompany you home.
Your insurance also contains restrictions and exclusions which include:
- To be able to claim under the cancellation and curtailment sections of the policy, the reason why the trip is being cancelled or cut short must be necessary and unavoidable and must fall into one of the reasons listed in the policy.
- For the medical, cancellation and curtailment sections of the policy pre-existing medical conditions are not covered unless declared to, and accepted by the insurer in writing.
- This also applies to pre-existing medical conditions that are known to you prior to the commencement of the period of insurance, affecting any close relative or travelling companion who is not insured under the policy or a person with whom you intend to stay whilst on your trip.
For your vehicle policy (if applicable) the main benefits include:
- Call out and up to £100 worth of emergency roadside labour costs.
- Up to £750 for standard and up to £3,000 for supercover towards the cost of a replacement vehicle if your vehicle breaks down during a trip and cannot be repaired within eight hours.
- Repatriation up to the value of your car if it cannot be repaired before you are due to return home at the end of your trip.
Your insurance also contains restrictions and exclusions which include:
- Cover is restricted to vehicles up to 4250kg, and up to 8 metres long, 3.4m high and 2.5m wide per unit.
- This insurance operates on the basis that you have had your vehicle Properly Serviced and maintained in Accordance with the Manufacturer’s Specifications
- If vehicle is over 21 years old - The vehicle must have been serviced by a main dealer during the three months prior to any trip.
Please be aware that certain sections of the travel insurance policy have an excess. Where an excess applies, you will be responsible for paying the first £35 of any claim per person, for each and every incident, in each and every section of cover.
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to The Camping and Caravanning Club. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation. We will use your personal data to process and manage all elements of your booking. In order to meet our booking obligations to you, we will share relevant personal data with Club partners including accommodation providers, airlines, ferry, travel & car hire companies, motorhome & tour providers, campsites and insurers.
For more information about our data protection policy please go to
TRAVELLING ABROAD: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We recommend you read and/or download our Guide to European Camping for important information and advice about camping abroad, especially if it is your first time
- By ticking the box to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions, you are also confirming that you have read the Guide to European Camping
- If you have any further queries, please contact the Club's Travel Service on 024 7642 2024 and our friendly staff will be happy to help
For Visa, passport and health information, please visit the Home Office website.
For foreign and commonwealth office advice, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.