Camping with your dog in Devon
Our dog friendly campsites in Devon are ideal for anyone wanting an active holiday with their four legged friend. Devon has miles of unspoilt coastline and endless paths and trails through farm and woodland. If you're after a holiday with plenty of outdoor activities, Devon's a good bet.
View our dog friendly campsites in Devon below:
With a designated dog walk and sea views, Slapton Sands is the perfect site for a holiday by the sea. Shingle beaches are within walking distance and Slapton Sands itself is a dog friendly beach year round. The site has a children's play area, parent and child room, washing up facilities and an on-site shop.
Flanked by both the sea and rolling hills, Dartmouth Club Site has a wide range of landscapes to explore with man's best friend. Hallsands and Slapton beaches are dog friendly and just a short drive away. The attractive harbour town of Dartmouth is just a five minute drive away; many eateries are dog friendly and will provide plenty of water and doggy treats.
A dog walker's paradise, Lynton is surrounded by many paths and trails to enjoy. The South West Coast Path, Two Moors Way and Tarka Trail are accessible. The dog friendly site is great for children, with an area for ball games and a children's play area. You'll also be just a stone's throw away from the seaside town of Lynton.
Peace and tranquillity is easy to find on California Cross. The site boasts a pub and shop within walking distance as well as a children's play area, parent and baby room, dishwashing and laundry facilities. The Two Moors Way starts nearby the site so it's a great base for avid walkers.
Venture from Tavistock Club Site on two feet to explore Dartmoor's sweeping hills and wooded valleys. Princetown, to the east offers excellent access to the north and south moors which provide hill walking opportunities, perfect for dog walks. The site has an on-site shop, play area, area for ball games and a designated dog walk.
Family's camping with children and dogs are well catered for on this small, peaceful site. A children's play area, games room with infant play area, skittles, table tennis table and table football will keep the kids entertained. The designated dog walk and proximity to the dog friendly beaches of Westward Ho, Saunton and Woolacombe gives plenty of options for days out.
Dog friendly beaches in devon
Being in the glorious south of England, there are plenty of beaches to enjoy in Devon. One thing to be aware of is that not all beaches welcome dogs, especially during the peak summer months. Most beaches are well signposted and websites often outline dates and areas of specific beaches that are off-limits. Despite this, there are lots of beaches that you can visit with you're four legged friend, our pick of the top dog friendly beaches in Devon is as follows:
- Slapton Sands - allows dogs throughout the year and is right on the doorstep of our Slapton Sands Club Site. Dartmouth Club Site is a 25 minute drive away.
- Hallsands - is a 35 minute drive from Dartmouth Club Site with no dog bans in operation.
- Putsborough Sands - dogs are welcome year round however there are restrictions from 1st April - 31st October. The nearest campsite is Umberleigh Club Site which is around a 40 minute drive away.
- Saunton Sands - dogs are welcome south of the red dog bin in Zone C year round. It's around a 30 minute drive from our Umberleigh Club Site.
- Westward Ho - the two mile sandy beach is highly accessible, making it a favourite with dog-walkers. Dogs are welcome year round however there are restrictions at the southern end during the summer months. 25 minute drive from Umberleigh Club Site.
- Wollacombe - frequently voted one of the best beaches in the UK, the three mile long Blue Flag beach, allows dogs but there are restrictions. It's around a 40 minute drive from either our Lynton or Umberleigh Club Sites.
- Lynmouth - this shingle beach is around 500 metres wide and allows dogs year round. It's just a 7 minute drive to enjoy the beach from our Lynton Club Site.
- Salcombe North Sands Beach - a 27 minute drive from California Cross with no dog restrictions in place. The beach is totally submerged at high tide.