Big wins at Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020
Winners of the 2020 Owner Satisfaction Awards have been announced at this year’s annual Camping and Caravanning Club industry dinner.
This marked the fifth annual Owner Satisfaction Awards and the fourth set of awards the Club has run in partnership with Practical Motorhome and Practical Caravan magazines. In total, 22 awards were given out at the event, where Club President Julia Bradbury was on hand to present trophies to the worthy winners.
As previously, results came from thousands of Club members, together with readers of Practical Motorhome and Practical Caravan magazines, who completed the 2020 Owner Satisfaction Survey, which ran from April to October 2019.
The 2020 Awning Owner Satisfaction Survey was new for this year and followed feedback from both customers and industry alike who want more insight into the awning ownership experience. Awards were given for the best manufacturer of small porch, full and drive-away awnings, based on findings given by hundreds of owners.
This year’s Motorhome Satisfaction Awards features a new category for Best Van Converter (Direct Sales), which counts those businesses which manufacture and sell direct to customers, and also sell pre-owned models direct to customers. The 2020 Caravan Owner Satisfaction Survey was completed by more people this year – the number of responses increased 14.7%, with 67.8% of respondents sharing feedback on new caravans. Findings from the 2020 Tent Owner Satisfaction Survey reveal a high satisfaction score of 8.9 (based on a scale from 1-10), representing a high level of general satisfaction. The score is also consistent with scores from previous surveys.
Sabina Voysey, The Camping and Caravanning Club Director General, said: “We’re thrilled to have hosted another successful awards evening and presented the latest set of results.
“We continue to share reports on the surveys with manufacturers after the event – this means those responsible for the design and manufacture of new products can have access to real feedback from our members, and their customers, to improve and develop their offering. Ultimately this helps consumers shop smarter and buy better – and it’s of assistance to manufacturers too.”
Sarah Wakely, Editor-in-Chief of Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome at Future Publishing, said: “We’re delighted to team up with The Camping and Caravanning Club once again to deliver this important survey of caravan and motorhome owners - our brands are all about helping people get the most out of their passion for caravan or motorhome travel and to buy the best kit to help them do that.
“This survey is an invaluable tool, both for readers keen to get insight from other owners, and for the industry to help them continue to deliver great caravans and motorhomes and the highest levels of service for their customers. Congratulations to all of the award winners; it's great to see such high standards being met across the industry.
“It's testament to the strength of our brands and their position in the market that this year we received such a large number of responses, and we continue to develop the surveys and our presentation of it to best reflect the changing markets we operate in.”
The full results from the surveys, and detailed analysis, will be published in the February issues of Camping & Caravanning and Practical Caravan and the April issue of Practical Motorhome. To view the full list of gold and silver award winners in this year’s awards visit: www.practicalcaravan.com, www.practicalmotorhome.com or www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/owner-satisfaction-awards.
The full list of winners (categories and brands):
Tent Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020 winners
Best Budget Tents under £300: Hi-Gear
Best Mainstream Tents £300-£999: Outwell
Best Premium Tents over £1000: Karsten
Best Backpacker Tents: Quechua
Best Family Tents: Zempire and Hi-Gear (two winners)
Best Traditional Pole Tents: Quechua
Best Inflatable Tents: Karsten
Folding Camper Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020 winners
Best Folding Campers: Pennine and Opus (two winners)
Awning Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020 winners
Best Small Porch Awnings: Vango
Best Full Awnings: Isabella
Best Drive-Away Awnings: Vango
Caravan Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020 winners
Best Manufacturer New Caravans: Adria
Best Manufacturer Pre-Owned Caravans: Coachman
Best Supplying Dealer New Caravans: Winchester Caravans
Best Supplying Dealer Pre-Owned Caravans: Peter Roberts Caravans and Motorhomes
Best Caravan Manufacturer (UK New and Pre-Owned): Coachman
Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards 2020 winners
Best Van Converter (Direct Sales): Murvi
Best Manufacturer New Motorhomes: Dethleffs
Best Manufacturer Pre-Owned Motorhomes: Bürstner
Best Supplying Dealer New Motorhomes: Todds Motorhomes
Best Supplying Dealer Pre-Owned Motorhomes: Peter Roberts Caravans and Motorhomes
Best Motorhome Manufacturer (UK New and Pre-Owned): Auto-Sleepers
For more information or images contact:
Andrew Robson, email@example.com, 024 7647 5291.
Simon McGrath, firstname.lastname@example.org, 024 7647 5094.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 105 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with Forestry England, runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. The Club has run the Owner Satisfaction Awards in partnership with Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines since 2016. They are born from the annual Satisfaction Survey which runs throughout the summer and is open to anyone who has owned, bought and used a camping unit (from new for tents, folding campers and awnings) in the last three years. Results are compiled in the autumn and winter and presented at the awards ceremony, which is held each January.
3. The Camping and Caravanning Club’s annual industry dinner was held at The Midland Hotel, Manchester on the evening of 16 January 2020.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.