CAMPING WINNERS CROWNED AT CLUB’S 2022 OWNER SATISFACTION AWARDS
The winners of the 2022 Owner Satisfaction Awards have been announced at The Camping and Caravanning Club’s annual industry dinner, held at Coventry Building Society Arena.
The awards showcase the best in camping equipment from tents, awnings to caravans, motorhomes and folding campers.
The event, held on 11th November, played host to people from across the camping and outdoor leisure industries and was the fifth set of awards that the Club has run in partnership with Practical Motorhome and Practical Caravan magazines.
The winners received their awards based on the satisfaction rating given to them by customers who completed the 2021 Owner Satisfaction Survey, which ran from January 2020 through to August 2021.
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, the awards were not able to be held in January 2021 as first planned, which meant the survey period was extended and more customer responses were gathered in the process.
Rob Ganley, Editor-in-Chief of Camping & Caravanning, the official magazine of the Camping and Caravanning Club, said: “This year has seen a boom in first time campers – people who might never have considered tenting or caravanning before have taken the plunge this year, and we’re delighted many have shared their experiences with us.
“These awards are based on feedback from thousands of owners of tents, folding campers, awnings, caravans and motorhomes across the UK – everyone should read the results before buying their next camping unit. We also share the findings with the manufacturers to help improve the design and performance of their products, which benefits both the companies and their customers.”
Sarah Wakely, Editor-in-Chief of Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome at Future Publishing, said: “The Practical Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards were created in 2004 with the aim of providing our readers with a guide to buying better; in 2013 they were expanded to include Practical Caravan magazine. For the past six years we have also partnered with our friends at the Camping and Caravanning Club to expand the reach of the results even further.
“There is no other scheme like this in the industry: our awards are the result of incredibly in-depth surveys, honestly completed by customers on the reliability of their purchase. With our awards, we aim to help buyers, both now and in the future, make the right buying choice for their needs.”
To learn more about the 2022 Owner Satisfaction Awards visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/owner-satisfaction-awards. The results from the surveys and analysis has been published in the December issue of Camping & Caravanning magazine and the December issues of Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines. To view the full list of Gold and Silver award winners in this year’s caravan and motorhome categories visit: www.practicalcaravan.com or www.practicalmotorhome.com.
The full list of this year’s winners (categories and brands):
Tent Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
Best budget tents (up to £300): Hi Gear
Best mainstream tents (£300-£999): Berghaus
Best premium tents (over £1,000): Karsten
Best backpacker tents: Robens
Best family tents: Berghaus, Zempire (two winners)
Best traditional pole tents: Quechua
Best inflatable-tube tents: Karsten
Awning Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
Best caravan porch awnings: Isabella
Best caravan full awnings: Isabella
Best motorhome awnings: Outdoor Revolution
Folding Camper Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
Best folding campers (including trailer tents): Opus
Caravan Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
Best manufacturer of new caravans: Adria
Best manufacturer of pre-owned caravans: Coachman
Best supplying dealer for new caravans: Salop Leisure
Best supplying dealer for pre-owned caravans: Peter Roberts Caravans and Motorhomes
Best caravan manufacturer (UK new and pre-owned): Coachman
Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards 2022 winners
Best van converter (direct sales): Bilbo’s Motorhomes
Best manufacturer of new motorhomes: Adria
Best manufacturer of pre-owned motorhomes: Hymer
Best supplying dealer of new motorhomes: Richard Baldwin Motorhomes
Best supplying dealer of pre-owned motorhomes: Meridian Motorhomes
Best motorhome manufacturer (UK new and pre-owned): Hymer
For more information or images contact:
Andrew Robson, email@example.com.
Simon McGrath, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 120 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 103 award-winning sites throughout the UK.
2. This year’s Owner Satisfaction Awards are based on the results of the 2020 and 2021 Owner Satisfaction Surveys. Surveys were open to anyone who had owned, bought and used a camping unit since 2017. For tents, awnings and folding campers, units must have been bought from new in this time.
3. Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome are published by Future PLC, which has a portfolio spanning 200-plus magazine and digital brands, from technology to entertainment, women’s lifestyle to home interest and sports. To find out more, visit www.futureplc.com, www.practicalcaravan.com and www.practicalmotorhome.com
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.