RIVERSIDE CAMPSITE VOTED CLUBS BEST CERTICATED SITE
17th January 2022
Members of The Camping and Caravanning Club have voted Riverside Caravan Site near Skipton in North Yorkshire the best Certificated Site for 2021.
There are over 1,300 Certificated Sites across the UK, which are operated exclusively for Club members. They are small, privately run campsites that accommodate up to five caravans or motorhomes and up to ten
tents at any one time.
Throughout last year, Club members nominated their favourite Certificated Site in the Club's Best CS competition. Votes ran across five categories – Best Friendly Club Welcome, Best Hideaway, Best New Site, Best Facilities, and Best CS for Families. Riverside gained the most nominations in the Best Friendly Club welcome and Best CS for Families categories and has been crowned overall winner for 2021.
The campsite, which husband and wife owners Alison and James Naylor set up in 2008 on an area of land that had previously been used for dairy farming, is situated in an idyllic location with 360-degree views. It is
a family-friendly site with hardstanding and electric pitches.
Alison and James are beef and sheep farmers, and campers enjoy seeing the animals on site, especially youngsters.
Alison said: "We used to be caravanners ourselves and then we thought what else can we do to earn a bit more money. We have plenty of land here so thought, yes, lets set up a campsite! We knew what to expect from camping ourselves having gone caravanning in the past, and the Club was very helpful.
We have 360-degree views here with hills surrounding us. There are two local pubs plus a shop within walking distance and train station with links to Leeds and Skipton. There is a big park in the village plus we have an under eight play area on site.
All of the pitches on site have lovely views towards the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, a short distance away.
Prices at the Clubs network of Certificated Sites start from about £10 per night and range from campsites offering basic facilities such as waste, water and drainage facilities only, through to full facility campsites with hardstanding pitches and electric hook-ups, modern facilities and shower blocks.
Other category award winners this year are:
Best New CS: Westfields Camping Site (Siteseeker reference: 132/032)
Best Friendly Club Welcome: Riverside Caravan Site (103/088, CS638)
Best CS for Families: Riverside Caravan Site (103/088, CS638)
Best Hideaway CS: Westfield Farm (028/053, CS238)
Best Facilities CS: Woodview (090/053, CS476)
Darren Whittington, the Club’s Director of Operations, said: “Since their first season Alison and James have worked so hard to develop Riverside and it is a worthy winner of this year’s Best CS competition. The site has everything you might need for a family camping holiday and the Club has been happy to see how it has developed over the years.
For more information on the Club Best CS competition and to nominate your favourite CS for an award in next year's competition visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/bestcs.
For more information on Riverside Certificated Site visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/north-yorkshire/nr-skipton/riversidecaravansite.
For further information or images contact:
Simon McGrath, email@example.com
Andrew Robson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 121 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has nearly 100 sites throughout the UK.
2. Camping in the Forest is a partnership between The Camping and Caravanning Club and Forestry England, Forest and Land Scotland and Natural Resources Wales. The Club operates 16 Camping in the Forest campsites in stunning woodland locations across England and Scotland, including the New Forest, Forest of Dean and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs.
3. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
4. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
5. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.