Two newly refurbished Club Sites prepare to welcome campers
Thursday 16th June 2022
Bookings are now open for stays from late summer at two newly refurbished Camping and Caravanning Club sites in England, at Chertsey and Bowness on Windermere.
Work is currently taking place at Bowness on Windermere Club Site in the Lake District National Park and Chertsey Club Site in Surrey. Once complete, both sites will have been fully refurbished at a cost in excess of £2.5million. Both sites will feature new high-spec facilities with something for everyone, from four-legged friends to family campers.
Nicola Simpson, the Club’s Director of Marketing and Insight, said: “We’re really looking forward to welcoming campers to both our Chertsey and Bowness on Windermere sites, which have received a lot of care and attention in recent months.
“The sites boast high-quality facilities, making them perfect for much-needed holidays in lovely locations.”
Both sites will be open year-round. Chertsey is an ideal base for exploring London and the Thames, to which it has direct access. There is a direct rail link to heart of the city from nearby Chertsey station and the journey takes 50-minutes. Meanwhile, Bowness on Windermere is located close to the shore of Windermere and as its name suggests is a stone’s throw from the town of Bowness and Windermere.
Chertsey Club Site, one of the oldest on the Club’s network that has been under Club ownership since 1927, is a large site within the M25. On-site facilities at the newly refurbished site include:
- A fully refurbished amenity block in both the reception and main camping areas
- A hot water enclosed dog wash facility and internal dishwash area
- Addition of a new family facility in a wet room style, plus an accessible room and on-site laundry
- The installation of a new children’s play area
- Resurfacing most of the site roads plus a refurbishment of all hardstandings.
Bowness on Windermere Club Site, previously known as Braithwaite Fold, which has been popular with Club members since the Club first took it on in 2013, has benefited from fresh investment after the Club entered a new 25-year lease agreement with South Lakeland District Council in 2019.
New features at the site include:
- The addition of new hardstanding pitches
- An extension to the facility block with construction of new walls and the laying of new flooring
- A new reception building
- One fully private and enclosed wash and shower room in both the male and female facility blocks
- A hot water enclosed dog wash facility.
Nicola added: “As a membership organisation we remain committed to reinvesting any profits from our campsite operation back into our network, so the quality of our campsites remains excellent and that we continue to provide our campers with enjoyable and memorable holidays.”
To book a pitch at Chertsey Club Site for stays from 22 August visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/chertsey.
To book a pitch at Bowness on Windermere Club Site for stays from 29 August visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/bowness.
The Club ran Bowness on Windermere Club Site from 2013 until the end of the 2019 campsite season under a different name, Braithwaite Fold Camping and Caravanning Club Site. The Club signed a new lease on the site in January 2020. At the same time, the Club renamed the site to avoid confusion with another site acquisition locally, Braithwaite Village Camping and Caravanning Club Site.
For more information or photos contact:
Simon McGrath, email@example.com
Andrew Robson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
- The Camping and Caravanning Club was founded in 1901 and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has nearly 100 Club Sites throughout the UK and runs 16 Camping in the Forest campsites in spectacular woodland locations across England and Scotland on behalf of Forestry England and Forestry and Land Scotland.
- Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
- To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
- To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.