Find your perfect pitch this August
Wednesday 12 August 2020
If you’re seeking a last minute break this year, check out The Camping and Caravanning Club’s expert suggestions to find your own perfect pitch in the great outdoors.
It’s been widely reported in the media that campsites around the country are full this August but pitches are still available and in scenic settings.
The Club’s Director of Marketing and Insight, Nicola Simpson, said: “Contrary to popular belief, there is still availability on campsites this August. Of course, camping spots by the coast or in sought-after tourist locations will always be in demand but that is certainly not unique to this year.
“There is still plenty of campsite availability around the UK – people just need to think about places away from the obvious tourist honey pots and go in search of lesser-known but equally lovely locations. Why not be adventurous and head off the beaten track to explore somewhere new this year?”
Being a member of the Club also offers access to its network of Certificated Sites – more than 1,300 smaller more unique sites that are often on farms or more secluded locations and offer some really wonderful camping.
The Club has pulled together its ‘super six’ list of Club Sites in locations around the UK where there is still availability for August – and there are more sites like them:
• Alton, The Star Club Site: On the doorstep of the Peak District National Park with lovely countryside walks nearby, and with easy access to the famous Alton Towers theme park.
• Sandringham Club Site in Norfolk: A woodland campsite located on the Queen’s Sandringham Estate and an easy drive from the north Norfolk coast.
• Tarland by Deeside in Aberdeenshire: Located in a tranquil spot just outside the Cairngorms National Park and sharing the same scenery as Balmoral Castle.
• Hertford in Hertfordshire: A spacious campsite with secluded pitches located on the outskirts of the attractive market town of the same name and surrounded by rolling countryside.
• Salisbury in Wiltshire: This campsite has views of an Iron Age hill fort, while the city, home to the famous Magna Carta royal charter document, is a 1.5-mile riverside walk away.
• Bala in Gwynedd: A Club Site just outside Snowdonia National Park, six miles north of the lake from which it takes its name, and within easy distance of the attractions of North Wales.
The Club has launched a late availability function on its website at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/lateavailability. Designed to help people find their perfect pitch at short notice, whether that’s because they are conscious of travel plans in the current situation or are simply keeping an eye on the weather.
Nicola added: “We believe our campsite network offers fantastic access to fresh air and the countryside, it’s been great to welcome both old and new campers back on to our campsites and fantastic to see people enjoying their holidays.
For more information about joining or camping with the Club, visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk.
Club Site notes: Alton, The Star and Hertford Club Sites have open facilities blocks while Sandringham, Tarland, Salisbury and Bala do not have open facilities blocks for the 2020 season and are therefore better suited to self-contained caravanners and motorhomers.
Please contact us for more information.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 103 award-winning sites throughout the UK.
2. The Club re-opened many of its Club Sites from 4th July onwards (dates and type of unit allowed on site vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), with new measures in place for safer camping. For more information visit: https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/measures/.
3. View the Club’s pre-journey leisure vehicle safety checklist.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. Learn more about the benefits of joining the Club.