Denny Wood and Matley Wood Campsites
These two, beautiful grassland sites are just half a mile away from each other, providing relaxed caravan and camping spots in idyllic settings.
Like many local caravan and camping sites, New Forest ponies roam free and the sites are popular with walkers and cyclists alike.
Things to do:
- From both sites you can cycle to nearby Lyndhurst (using forest paths nearly all the way) or if you prefer to walk, it’s just a half-hour to the village which has a good range of restaurants, shops and pubs.
- Brockenhurst, which has a wide range of shops and amenities, is just a short drive away.
- Local attractions include Furzey Gardens with its rare plant collection, The New Forest Reptile Centre and The New Forest Wildlife Park.
The important bit- facilities:
- There are no toilets, showers or electricity so it is essential that you bring your own chemical toilet.
- Dogs are not accepted at Denny Wood although they are welcome at Matley Wood.
- All units are welcome, including jumbo tents.
Read more about Denny Wood campsite and Matley Wood campsite on the Camping in the Forest website.