Sherwood Pines Campsite
Our Sherwood Pines campsite can be found near the ancient woodland of Sherwood Forest. You may have heard of the legend of Robin Hood, well, this is the forest behind the story. As well as the myth and tales connected to the beautiful woodland here, there are many more reasons to go camping in Sherwood Forest.
Things to do:
- Over 1,000 ancient oak trees thrive in Sherwood Forest, lining the paths and walkways, creating an unbeatable woodland atmosphere. There are numerous, signposted walks and trails to explore at your own pace.
- Of the many trees in Sherwood Forest, one of the oldest and most famous trees is the Major Oak. Shrouded in myth and legend, this should be your first stop on the adventure to find Robin Hood!
- If exploring on two wheels is more your thing, there are plenty of cycling trails which are easily accessible from the campsite. From quiet forest roads, to adventurous off-road challenges, there’s something for everyone.
- Discover Sherwood Forest from above on a visit to the nearby Go Ape! Sherwood for swings, zipwires and challenging courses amongst the trees.
- For a more gentle way to explore the local area, you’ll find Nottinghamshire’s only narrow-gauge steam railway just a short distance away. Rediscover the sights and sounds of steam locomotives.
- Sherwood Pines is a full facility campsite with toilets, showers, a play area, dishwashing facilities and a shop.
- We welcome dogs on this campsite at no extra cost.
- This campsite is suitable for all forms of camping, with grass and hardstanding pitches both available with and without electricity points.
Read more about our Sherwood Pines campsite on the Camping in the Forest website.