What is glamping?
First added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2016, the word glamping is a blend of "glamourous" and "camping". For us, glamping is when a night under the stars coincides with modern comforts.
Why do we love glamping?
As the world’s oldest and largest community of campers we enjoy all aspects of camping and glamping offers many advantages that make it worth a try, whether you are new to camping or the hardiest of campers:
- Quick set-up. Our glamping options are ready and waiting for when you arrive, there won’t be any of your holiday wasted hunting for the tent pegs or arguing over who forgot to pack the levelling chocks.
- Glamping’s great for everyone. From a romantic weekend break for two, to a family holiday full of adventure or even a first camping holiday amongst friends.
- It’s a great introduction to camping. With no initial outlay on equipment, it’s a great way to test the waters and see if camping is for you.
- Protection from the elements. Units like camping pods provide warmth in the winter months and plenty of shade in the summer.
At the Camping and Caravanning Club we have a range of glamping options available for you to try and it’s not just for members. Non-members are welcome on all of our campsites too! We’ve collated the best glamping options and locations for you, so no matter what type of glamper you are; we’ve got something for you.
Ready Steady Camp
Make your friends and family jealous with your holiday snaps and enjoy an easy camping holiday in our Ready Camp safari tents. With 48 campsites to choose from, spread across the UK, Ready Camp does what it says on the tin, providing a relaxing glamping experience for outdoor lovers and curious kiddies.
All Ready Camp tents are pre-erected and sleep up to 6 (max 4 adults). They have two bedrooms which can either be left separate or joined together, one double bed, a triple bunk bed, pull-out bed, kitchen/dining area and everything you’ll ever need to have a hassle-free break in the great outdoors.
Getting the glamping bug? View our Ready Camp locations.
Best locations to go glamping
- Our Skye Club Site is in a tranquil location right on the shores of Loch Greshornish. Skye has both camping pods and yurts.
- Culzean Castle Club Site in Ayrshire is one of our Ready Camp sites. The campsite sits within the grounds of the castle itself with fantastic sea views.
- Vist Ready Camp on the peaceful Scone Club Site which offers the best of Perthshire camping.
- Milarrochy Bay in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park has Ready Camp tents a stone’s throw from the shore.
Glamping Lake District
- Ravenglass Club Site is a walker’s paradise and is just 500 metres from the sea front. Check out the glamping pods.
- Windermere Club Site, ideal for exploring the towns of the Lake District, boasts Ready Camp tents.
- Pitch up on Derwentwater Club Site to enjoy its Ready Camp offering which is within walking distance of Keswick.
- Less than 15 miles from Birmingham, Ready Camp on Clent Hills is ideal for a break away, not far from the city.
- Blackmore Club Site is in reach of Malvern Hills, making for a fantastic walking holiday in the Midlands. Blackmore's Ready Camp tents are the perfect base for an active holiday.
Forest of Dean Glamping
- Bracelands Camping in the Forest site has both camping pods and Ready Camp available. Close to the River Wye, Bracelands is a spacious site, perfect for an active family holiday.
- In an area of outstanding natural beauty, Bude is one of our top sites for beaches with Ready Camp tents.
- Stay in a safari tent in Truro at Veryan Club Site.
Glamping with dogs
What’s better than glamping? Glamping with your dog! These are our glamping sites with pooch-friendly accommodation:
- Ashbourne’s camping cabin sleeps up to 4 people, has great kitchen and sleeping facilities and is a perfect base for exploring the Peak District on foot.
- Our campsite on the Isle of Skye has a dog friendly yurt as well as a dog-friendly camping pod.
- Keswick, ideal for exploring the northern Lakes, has a dog-friendly pod.
- Explore Northumberland National Park and the Hardrians wall from Bellingham with their dog-friendly pods.
- Discover the wonders of the Lake District from Ravenglass from their dog-friendly pods.