Arundel castle has been the home of the Duke of Norfolk for over 400 years. Originally it was a motte and bailey castle built by Roger de Montgomery, the first Earl of Arundel in 1068.
Due to many sieges during the Civil War, Charles Howard 11th Duke of Norfolk carried out considerable restoration work in the late 18th century.
Henry Charles Howard, 13th Duke of Norfolk finished refurbishments to the castle prior to the visit from Queen Victoria in 1846. The suite of rooms in which she stayed are as they were and are now called the "Victoria Rooms".
If using a Sat Nav please use the postcode BN18 9PA for the car park.
The Castle is 4 miles north of Littlehampton and the south coast, and midway between Chichester and Worthing on the A27. Please follow the brown and white tourist road signs.
Events at Arundel Castle
Living History at Arundel Castle
26 - 28 Aug 2017
Arundel Castle Tulip Festival
13 Apr - 04 May 2019 (annual)