Visiting South Lakes Safari Zoo
Opened in 1994, the 51-acre zoo may be in Cumbria but the residents are from all over the globe.
Over 1,000 of the rarest and most endangered animals in the world call South Lakes their home.
- Big cats including Jaguars, Sumatran Tigers, African Lions and Snow Leopards
- Red & Western Grey Kangaroos join Swamp & Parma Wallaby’s
- Large mammals include Andean Bears, Giant Otters, Giraffes, Lowland Tapir, Pygmy Hippopotamus, Two Toed Sloth and White Rhino
- Primates including Lemurs, Gibbons and Baboons
- Plenty of reptiles and birds including Parrots and Snakes
The zoo is big on conservation and supports different conservation projects including The Sumatran Tiger Trust, The Snow Leopard Trust, Antongil Conservation, Ecosantafe and many more.
The park is open between from 10am daily. Children (15 and under) go free with an accompanying adult and year passes start at £18.00. The shop stocks enough soft toys to make your own zoo, plenty of pocket money items for the kids and lots of souvenirs to remind you of your day at the zoo.