Keeping you updated through Covid-19
Issued 6th July 2020
All of our UK Club Sites, Certificated Sites, Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites have been closed since March 22. For many of you, the thought of spending time in the great outdoors with family and friends has been keeping you going. Well the time has finally arrived - we are back, better than ever.
When are campsites re-opening?
We are delighted to announce campsites with facility blocks in England are now open.
In Scotland we are now open without facility blocks. We will be able to open with facility blocks from the 15th July.
Due to Scottish government policy, only self-contained units of a caravan or a motorhome will initially be allowed on site, until 15th July. Unfortunately, the current policy means that campers in units without onboard facilities, such as tents, trailer tents and campervans will be unable to stay on our Scottish campsites. This is also applicable even to those with toilet tents. These cannot be on site until 15th July.
In Wales our campsites are open from 11th July without facility blocks.
Current Welsh government policy states that only self-contained units of a caravan or a motorhome will initially be allowed on site. You need to have your own on-board shower, WC and kitchen facilities. Unfortunately, the current policy means that campers in units without onboard facilities, such as tents, trailer tents and campervans will be unable to stay on our Welsh campsites. This is also applicable even to those with toilet tents.
We hope to be able to open facility blocks on selected sites and welcome back tent campers from July 25th.
In Northern Ireland, Delamont Country Park Club Site is now open without facilities blocks.
Please read ‘Existing UK Club Site Touring Bookings’ below for an update on what to do if you’re affected by any of the above.
Being in the fresh air, the physical space between pitches and with additional social distancing measures, we believe that we are well-placed to offer you a safe, enjoyable UK holiday, providing a much-needed break away from home.
We’ve had a team of people working hard on when and how we can safely re-open and we can’t wait to welcome you back. Demand for a UK camping break is increasing so we’d ask that you book in advance to guarantee your pitch. Customers with bookings for sites that are opening later than 4th July, can still move or cancel their booking without penalty up to the date of the site opening.
Is the whole Club Site network open?
The majority of Club Sites are now open, including as many as possible with toilet block facilities.
Unfortunately, it’s likely that 26 sites will remain closed for the rest of the season.
View a list of our Club Sites and whether they’re open, open with limited facilities or closed for the remainder of 2020.
What additional measures are in place?
In line with government advice and our members feedback, we will be implementing:
- Contactless check in – this will be facilitated by Auto Balance Collect. The balance of any money due for your stay will be taken automatically from your account on the morning of your arrival. This means we’ll ask for your car registration details when you book. When you arrive on site, you can remain inside your vehicle and a member of our site staff will welcome you and show you to your allocated pitch.
- Sensible social distancing – our pitches have six-metre spacing and we’ll reduce the number of people on Club Sites with facility blocks so we can manage demand.
- There will be signs and floor markings as a common sense reminder to keep two metres from other people.
- Where facility blocks are open there will be 2 deep cleans and 4 supplementary cleans a day and guidance on how many people the block can accommodate at one time. Campers will also be able to pitch their own toilet tent on their allocated pitch.
- On campsites where facility blocks are open, we’d ask that if you are able to use your own facilities in your unit, you do so as much as possible – this will help us manage demand and queuing.
- We’re only allowing individual bookings and with well-managed sites we can prevent large groups assembling.
- Campers will not be able to have any day visitors to their pitches – this will help us limit the number of people on sites.
- Whilst our washing up areas will remain open, communal areas such as receptions, shops, laundries and play areas will remain closed. Please make sure you bring all your essentials with you – we will also be unable to sell gas.
- Service points will be open – please follow hand washing guidance; whilst we will have this available on sites, we’d ask campers to also bring with them their own supplies of soap and hand sanitiser.
- We will not be opening our Ready Camp Safari Tents, Pods or Self-Catering units this season
Find out more about what our Club Sites will be like when they re-open.
Existing UK Club Site touring bookings
If you have a booking on our system for a campsite where we are planning to not open facility blocks, or is in a location where the government have stated we are unable to open facility blocks, you should have received an email from us with the next steps. If the campsite no longer meets your requirements, we will happily move your booking to one which is better suited, or provide a full refund.
Members with bookings for sites that are opening later than 4th July, can still move or cancel their booking without penalty up to the date of the site opening. For all other bookings, from Saturday 4 July, normal terms and conditions will apply.
Will you be reducing VAT on bookings?
The UK Government have now issued their full guidelines on the cut in the VAT rate from the standard rate of 20% to 5%, we’re delighted that it does include touring pitches and we’ll be passing this reduction on to members. It comes into effect on stays from the 15 July 2020 to 12 January 2021. We’re working through details and will update members on how this will work and how it will be applied.
We expect our network of Certificated Sites to follow our lead and open when they are legally able to do so. If you have any questions about facilities or additional measures on these campsites, please contact them directly.
It will come as no surprise that the Club needs its members now more than ever. Together we’ll come through this period of time. The draw of our countryside and its beautiful open spaces are now stronger than ever. The Club welcomes you back and celebrates this moment with you. It has only been possible with your support.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is determined to offer you full value for your membership, throughout our closure period and beyond:
- This year, we’re extending your membership for the 3-month period our sites have been closed, to ensure you receive your full 12 months of membership no matter what happens. This will be added onto the end of your membership term. If you are due to renew, you can still do this online or by requesting a call back through our contact us page to ensure you are eligible.
- We’ve expanded our booking window to 18 months exclusively for our members.
- You’ll continue to find value in your membership far beyond our campsites, with great content in our regular magazine, promotions, competitions, helpful advice and plenty of online inspiration.
- Fun, freedom, relaxation – whatever your reason for camping with The Camping and Caravanning Club, we can’t wait to help make your next getaway even more special. With a large network of Club Sites to choose from, plus 1,300 idyllic Certificated Sites, we’re sure to have a destination to suit you. As a member, you’ll enjoy up to 30% off pitch night fees, plus additional member-exclusive discounts throughout the year.
With the uncertainty around Worldwide and European travel both now and for the foreseeable future, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel our escorted tour and summer and winter rally programmes for 2020/21.
If you have an upcoming booking for foreign travel or a rally, we’ll contact you by phone or email to go through your options and return any money owing to you. There’s no need to contact us, we’re working through bookings and are contacting people in order of departure.
Due to the uncertainty around future overseas travel, we are cancelling all Tour, Rally and campsite bookings. (Campsite bookings can still be made directly with the campsites.) Please keep your eye on the Club website and magazine for further updates on when these products will be available for sale.
Members are still able to make bookings for future ferry and Eurotunnel travel through our website. For those with special requests, please check our overseas FAQ page.
For members with existing ferry bookings, we will be contacting you regarding the next steps. We are allocating additional staffing resource specifically for ferry bookings, so we are able to get travel arrangements resolved as quickly as possible.
Getting in touch
We are here to help and ready to deal with your enquiries by email, so please do so by using our contact form. Thank you for your support and understanding and please bear with us if it takes us a little time to come back to you. We do have a limited number of phonelines open, if you would like to talk to us about a UK Club Site booking please call us on 024 7647 5426. Lines are open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.00pm, please be patient as we are expecting them to be busy. We'll continue to deal with all other enquiries via email.
Welcome back to the great outdoors.
For additional information on storage, holiday homes and seasonal pitches please see our FAQs: