Keeping you updated through Covid-19
Issued 13th May 2020
Click here to download and read the Camping & Caravanning Magazine interview with Director General Sabina Voysey.
Click here to read the Club’s latest view on potential re-opening.
All of our UK Club Sites, Certificated Sites, Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites have been closed since March 22. When the day comes and it’s safe to reopen, it will feel better than ever to be back. For many of you, it will be the thought of spending great times in the great outdoors with family and friends that will be keeping you going. We feel it too. But for now, we must all play our part in making that day come sooner - by following governmental guidance on self-isolation, social distancing and non-essential travel.
When will campsites re-open?
We know you’re looking forward to the day when restrictions are eased, and our campsites re-open. In the meantime, we’re here to help in any way we can, with fully flexible bookings, extended memberships and an 18-month booking window for our members. We’ll continue to follow government advice on when our campsites can re-open (at the moment we are legally closed) once we’re aware of this we’ll let you know. We’re working hard to put additional measures in place which mean we can open safely and visitors feel comfortable staying with us - we’ll let you know more details as soon as we’re able. We can’t wait to welcome you back.
Club Site touring bookings
If you have a booking on our system between now and the end of June, there is no need to contact us. To make things as easy as possible for our members, we will contact you to either rearrange your booking, offer you a full refund or we can hold onto your deposit and you can rebook at a time convenient for you.
Future bookings made whilst our campsites are closed are fully flexible. Members can amend them to any available date in the next 18 months without charge (non-members can amend to any date before the end of the year). You can switch to any available campsite and there is no limit to how many times you do this while sites remain closed.
Foreign tour or holiday bookings
If you have an upcoming booking for foreign travel or a tour, we’ll contact you by phone or email and give you the option to book for a later date, receive a credit voucher or a full refund. Please bear with us as we are currently contacting departures due in May.
It will come as no surprise that the Club needs its members now more than ever. Together we’ll come through this period of time. And when we do, the draw of our countryside and its beautiful open spaces will be stronger than ever. The Club wants to be there, to welcome you back and celebrate this moment with you. It will only be possible with your support.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is determined to offer you full value for your membership, throughout our closure period and beyond:
- This year, we’re extending your membership period for as long as our sites are closed, to ensure you receive your full 12 months of membership no matter what happens. This will be added on to the end of your membership term, when we know how long our sites have been closed for. The extension will be applied to all fully paid members when we reopen. If you are due to renew, you can still do this online or by requesting a call back through our contact us page to ensure you are eligible.
- We’ve expanded our booking window to 18 months exclusively for our members, so you can now book up until October 2021. If you make a booking during our closure period, we’ve made it fully flexible, so you can amend it to any available date in the next 18 months without charge. You can switch to any available campsite, and there is no limit to how many times you can move a booking while sites remain closed.
- You’ll continue to find value in your membership far beyond our sites, with great content in our regular magazine, promotions, competitions, helpful advice and plenty of online inspiration.
- Fun, freedom, relaxation – whatever your reason for camping with the Camping and Caravanning Club, we can’t wait to help make your next getaway even more special. With nearly 100 Club Sites to choose from, plus 1,300 idyllic Certificated Sites, we’re sure to have a destination to suit you. As a member, you’ll enjoy up to 30% off pitch night fees, plus additional member-exclusive discounts throughout the year.
- While our campsites are temporarily closed it’s the perfect time to look through our website and follow our social channels. You’ll find inspiration for places to visit when things get back to normal and if you’re new to the Camping and Caravanning Club or to camping, there are some great hints and tips to get you started.
Getting in touch
Please note that our Service Centre is operating online only and phonelines are closed to allow our team to work remotely. We are here to help and ready to deal with your enquiries by email, so please do so by using our contact form. Thank you for your support and understanding and please bear with us if it takes us a little time to come back to you.
We can't wait to welcome you back.
For additional information on storage, holiday homes and seasonal pitches please see our FAQs: