Keeping you updated through Covid-19
Issued 4th August 2020
The time has finally arrived - we are back, better than ever.
Campsites across England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are now open with new measures in place.
Is the whole Club Site network open?
The majority of Club Sites are open for the 2020 camping season.
It’s important that we give our members (and non-members) a choice as to how they would like to camp, so we’ve introduced some new measures to help keep you and our teams safe. To allow us to operate our campsites in a responsible manner we have increased our cleaning regimes – this places extra demand on our teams and we have had to open some of our campsites without toilets and showers this season, these campsites are better suited to campers who can bring their own facilities. Please note that we can only accept campers with proper chemical toilets that can be disposed of via waste disposal points. For the health and safety of our staff and other campers we cannot accept more temporary or makeshift toilets which aren’t designed to work with CDP points.
View a list of our Club Sites and whether they’re open, open with limited facilities or closed for the remainder of 2020.
What additional measures are in place?
In line with government advice and our members feedback, we will be implementing:
- Contactless check in – this will be facilitated by Auto Balance Collect. The balance of any money due for your stay will be taken automatically from your account on the morning of your arrival. This means we’ll ask for your car registration details when you book. When you arrive on site, you can remain inside your vehicle and a member of our site staff will welcome you and show you to your allocated pitch.
- Sensible social distancing – our pitches have six-metre spacing and we’ll reduce the number of people on Club Sites with facility blocks so we can manage demand.
- There will be signs and floor markings as a common sense reminder to keep two metres from other people.
- Where facility blocks are open there will be 2 deep cleans and 4 supplementary cleans a day and guidance on how many people the block can accommodate at one time. Campers will also be able to pitch their own toilet tent on their allocated pitch.
- On campsites where facility blocks are open, we’d ask that if you are able to use your own facilities in your unit, you do so as much as possible – this will help us manage demand and queuing.
- We’re only allowing individual bookings and with well-managed sites we can prevent large groups assembling.
- For health and safety reasons, campers are not allowed to have day visitors onto their pitches - please meet family and friends off-site so we can limit the number of people on our campsites.
- Whilst our washing up areas will remain open, communal areas such as receptions, shops, laundries and play areas will remain closed. Please make sure you bring all your essentials with you – we will also be unable to sell gas.
- Service points will be open – please follow hand washing guidance; whilst we will have this available on sites, we’d ask campers to also bring with them their own supplies of soap and hand sanitiser.
- We will not be opening our Ready Camp Safari Tents, Pods or Self-Catering units this season
Find out more about the measures we're taking on our Club Sites.
UK Club Site touring bookings
For all UK Club Site bookings, please be advised that from Saturday 4th July, normal terms and conditions apply.
Will you be reducing VAT on bookings?
The UK Government have now issued their full guidelines on the cut in the VAT rate from the standard rate of 20% to 5% - we’re delighted that it does include touring pitches. The Government has made it clear it’s up to the individual business to decide whether this saving is passed on to customers; and whilst we have lost a significant amount of revenue during this period, as a membership organisation we feel it’s important that we pass this discount on to our members where we are able to. We’re happy to say the Club has lowered its prices and will be applying the 5% VAT rate for stays booked and taken during the period 15 July 2020 to 12 January 2021.
We expect our network of Certificated Sites to follow our lead and open when they are legally able to do so. If you have any questions about facilities or additional measures on these campsites, please contact them directly.
The Camping and Caravanning Club has promised to offer you full value for your membership this year.
- If you were a member during our closure period, we will be extending your membership for 3 months to make up for the period our sites were closed.
- We’re just working on our membership system and will publish details shortly on exactly how this will work.
- If you’re renewal is coming up, please renew in the normal way – your extension will be applied at the end of the new subscription.
- If you are due to renew, you can still do this online or by requesting a call back through our contact us page to ensure you are eligible.
- Members can book our Club Sites 15 months in advance, so you can get your 2021 holiday sorted.
- You’ll continue to find value in your membership far beyond our campsites, with great content in our regular magazine, promotions, competitions, helpful advice and plenty of online inspiration.
- Fun, freedom, relaxation – whatever your reason for camping with The Camping and Caravanning Club, we can’t wait to help make your next getaway even more special. With a large network of Club Sites to choose from, plus 1,300 idyllic Certificated Sites, we’re sure to have a destination to suit you. As a member, you’ll enjoy up to 30% off pitch night fees, plus additional member-exclusive discounts throughout the year.
With the uncertainty around Worldwide and European travel both now and for the foreseeable future, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel our escorted tour and summer and winter rally programmes for 2020/21.
If you have an upcoming booking for foreign travel or a rally, we’ll contact you by phone or email to go through your options and return any money owing to you. There’s no need to contact us, we’re working through bookings and are contacting people in order of departure.
Due to the uncertainty around future overseas travel, we are cancelling all Tour, Rally and campsite bookings. (Campsite bookings can still be made directly with the campsites.) Please keep your eye on the Club website and magazine for further updates on when these products will be available for sale.
Members are still able to make bookings for future ferry and Eurotunnel travel through our website. For those with special requests, please check our overseas FAQ page.
For members with existing ferry bookings, we will be contacting you regarding the next steps. We are allocating additional staffing resource specifically for ferry bookings, so we can get travel arrangements resolved as quickly as possible. If you have received a credit or voucher against a previously cancelled booking you will receive an email with details of how to redeem.
Getting in touch
We are here to help and ready to deal with your enquiries by email, so please do so by using our contact form. Thank you for your support and understanding and please bear with us if it takes us a little time to come back to you. We do have a limited number of phonelines open, if you would like to talk to us about a UK Club Site booking please call us on 024 7647 5426. Lines are open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.00pm, please be patient as we are expecting them to be busy. We'll continue to deal with all other enquiries via email.
Welcome back to the great outdoors.
For additional information on storage, holiday homes and seasonal pitches please see our FAQs: