Glenmore is located right by the sandy beach of Loch Morlich which is in the heart of the Scottish Cairngorms. Its lake-side location gives both access to a range of watersports and plenty of walking trails for a gentler holiday.
The views from the site really are spectacular and it’s a great place for spotting wildlife; if you’re lucky you’ll see deer, otters and even a golden eagle. For Aviemore camping, Glenmore is the perfect choice for a holiday or short break.
Things to do:
- Watersports such as sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding are available
- A number of walking and cycling trails start at the site
- Skiing is a popular winter activity at Glenmore
- For all your essential supplies, the town of Aviemore is just a 15 minute drive away which has a good selection of pubs, restaurants, shops and a supermarket.
The important bit- facilities:
- Dogs are welcome on site
- There are ample toilets and showers.
- Dishwashing, laundry, and battery charging available
- Accessible facilities available
- Hardstanding, grass, hardstanding with electric and grass with electric pitches available
Read more about Glenmore campsite on the Camping in the Forest website.