The Camping and Caravanning Club's Members Undertaking
Please read this section before proceeding.
If admitted to membership of The Camping and Caravanning Club Limited I undertake:
• To observe the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Club and all regulations made thereunder. Copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association are available from the Club's Membership Department.
• To contribute to the assets of the Association in the event of its being wound up, while I am a member, for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Association contracted before I cease to be a member, and of the costs, charges and expenses of winding up, and for the adjustment of the rights of contributories among themselves, such amount as may be required not exceeding £1.00.
• To pay the Association during my membership such entrance fees and annual subscriptions as the Council shall from time to time prescribe.
• To be bound by the rules and regulations of the Club to observe the Club's Code for Campers and to practice the standards of camping as laid down by the Club. I have read the 'notes' below.
• As a condition of my membership of the Club not to personally use the privileges granted to the Club under the Public Health Act 1936, and The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995, when:
- Camping on any site conducted on commercial lines.
- Camping for more than 42 consecutive days or more than 60 days in any twelve months on any site unless such a site has been specially approved for this purpose by the Council.
- Occupying any structure other than a bona fide mobile caravan, motor caravan or tent.
• The Club does not cater for residential caravanning but only for recreational caravanning.
• A caravan is defined as a vehicle built or permanently adapted for use as a mobile temporary dwelling.
• Motor caravans must be of approved makes specially designed or specially adapted for such a purpose.
• If your caravan, motor caravan or tent trailer is of a non proprietary make, a photograph or illustration should be provided.
Data Protection Notice
The protection of personal privacy is an important concern to The Camping and Caravanning Club. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
We will use your personal data to deliver your inclusive membership services including; advice, events, communication, meetings, networking opportunities, products, publications and newsletters, quality, research, services, voting and to administer your membership account.
In order to meet our membership obligations to you we may share relevant personal data with committees, local groups, sites, special interest groups, societies and business partners.
For more information about our data protection policy please go to: https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy
Membership Cancellation Policy
Members joining or renewing are entitled to a cooling off period of 8 weeks, subject to not having benefitted from any Club Services, including UK Club Sites, European Travel Services, Ready Camp, Club Care Insurance or RAC Arrival.
Switching between membership types
Switching from Online to Paper Membership after joining:
Members have up to 8 weeks from their joining date to switch between membership types.
Switching from Online to Paper will incur a fee (appropriate to the difference between the two membership types in the current membership year).
Switching from Online to Paper Membership after renewal:
Members have up to 8 weeks from their renewal date to switch. The Membership renewal is for a 12 month period from the date of renewal and members will receive all publications issued within the 12 month period.
Switching from Online to Paper may incur a fee (difference between the two membership types in current year).
Please note that members switching from Online to Paper Membership will not receive copies of directories or magazines issued in the previous subscription year
Switching from Paper to Online Membership after joining or renewing:
The Club will not offer a refund if a member chooses to switch from Paper to Online Membership. We will arrange for the switch to Online Membership to start from your next renewal date. Members may continue to receive the printed publications during this time.
Cancel a new membership:
New members may cancel their membership up to 8 weeks from their initial join date. To cancel and receive a full refund, your membership cards must be returned with a written confirmation of your request. We cannot issue a refund if any of the Club services have been used within this 8 week period, or if the membership cards are not received at Greenfields House.
Cancel a renewed membership:
Members may cancel a recently renewed membership up to 8 weeks from their renewal date. To cancel and receive a full refund, your current membership cards must be returned with written confirmation of your request. We cannot issue a refund if any of the Club services have been used within this 8 week period, or if the membership cards are not received at Greenfields House.
Cancellations after the 8 week period:
Outside of the 8 week period, we will not issue any refunds.
• Members who do not wish to continue to be a member of the Club at their next renewal date, can continue to receive magazines and benefit from members discounts, but no renewal notice will be issued.
Membership runs for 12 months from the date of joining or renewing.
All cancellations and refunds must be requested in writing. A cancellation will cancel the household membership and all those members listed within the household. (Notification of cancellation will be sent to both members where applicable). Upon any cancellation of membership the current Membership cards must be returned to The Camping and Caravanning Club, Membership Administration Dept. Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JH.
Any Membership cancellations requested after the 8 week deadline will not be eligible for a refund. Applicable refunds will be credited back as per the original payment method or most recent payment method on the membership record.
Members shall cease to be eligible for applying for member discounts from the date the membership is terminated. From cancellation, Members liability will be as stated in the Members Undertaking agreed to when joining the Club (Link to undertaking here). Members will lose voting rights upon cancellation of their membership.
Cancellations and subsequent refunds due will be processed by the Membership Administration team within 28 working days of us receiving returned membership cards:
The Camping and Caravanning Club
Tel: 02476 475442