Situated on the southernmost tip of the New Forest, this picturesque site has the best of both worlds. There are acres of woodlands and grassland for the kids to explore and the unspoilt beach at Barton on Sea is just a ten minute drive away (or a 30 minute drive will take you right into Bournemouth).
Holmsley is set on what used to be Holmsley Airfield in WWII and is now a beautifully open campsite, surrounded by trees on all sides and in great proximity to the attractions of the New Forest.
Things to do:
- Local attractions include Furzey Gardens with its rare plant collection, The New Forest Reptile Centre and The New Forest Wildlife Park.
- The large heathland next to the site is great for wildlife watching- look out for the free-roaming ponies and cattle.
- Take off into the forest on bike or foot with endless trails to enjoy.
The important bit- facilities:
- Toilets, showers and a launderette are all available at this gold-standard David Bellamy Conservation site
- The onsite shop sells a range of groceries and camping essentials
- Large open pitches
- Accessible facilities available
Read more about Holmsley campsite on the Camping in the Forest website.