WiFi access on Club Sites
The Site WiFi network is owned by the Club and is powered by Infinium. The service provides internet access for campers from hotspots on the majority of Club Sites. A hotspot is defined as a small area that gives wireless internet access. The Site team will advise where the hotspots are at each Club Site.
- £3 voucher for 1 day/500mb – available from reception and on-line at site The voucher is valid for 24 hours or 500mb internet access after first login whichever occurs first. Limited to one device at one time only. Terms and conditions apply.
- £10 voucher for 1 week/3.5gb – available from reception and on-line at site The voucher is valid for 168 hours (1 week) or 3.5gb internet access after first login whichever occurs first. Limited to one device at one time only. Terms and conditions apply.
- £20 voucher for 1 year/12gb – available from reception and on-line at site The voucher is valid for 1 year or 12gb internet access after first login whichever occurs first. Limited to one device at one time only. Terms and conditions apply.
WiFi services on Club Sites
With the expection of the Sites mentioned below, all of our Club Sites will have WiFi hotspots, making it a convenient way for you to stay in touch with friends and family while you're away.
Some of our sites offer Independent WiFi through different providers. Unfortunately Club WiFi cards will not work on these sites, please visit the site reception to arrange access. These sites are:
- Cheddar Mendip Heights
- Loch Ness Shores
- Oswestry, Cranberry Moss
- Teign Valley Barley Meadow
There are also 5 sites that do not offer Wifi access:
- Corfe Castle
- Speyside by Craigellachie
- West Runton
How to connect to WiFi
A customer first has to connect to the WiFi network by searching for a signal on their device. Once a WiFi signal is obtained, they then open a browser. This presents a login page where a customer can select to pay by credit card or by voucher for Site WiFi. It is a good idea for a customer to check that they can get this landing page before purchasing a voucher.
To complete the login process customers can buy a voucher from the site reception or use their credit card, debit card or PayPal for one of the three durations available that they intend to use. After you have entered your details as soon as you access the internet, the clock is started. When the duration of time that has been purchased expires, the user cannot access the internet and will need to buy more access time.
Site WiFi coverage and speed
WiFi coverage typically extends 50 to 100 meters from the antenna. Ideally line of sight is desired to provide the best possible signal. The speed of the internet connection is dependent upon the distance to the local exchange from the site and the number of users trying to use the service at the same time. The environment has an impact on WiFi coverage, such as:
- Dense trees cause significant signal loss
- Water such as heavy rain, on the leaves of trees or exterior surfaces causes signal loss e.g. wet tent canvas
- Some tinted metalized windows / blinds stop the signal
While WiFi is available at most of our Club Sites, it might not be the same speed and strength that you're used to at home due to our rural locations. For this reason, downloading television shows or films can sometimes be a struggle, and will also use a lot of your data allowance in one hit. If you like to watch programs while away, our advice is to download them at home and have them ready to watch when you're on Site.
How to get help
The Site WiFi leaflet below has helpful information and a step by step guide to get people connected. The helpdesk number for problems getting Site WiFi access is provided by Infinium and is 01253 501 653. This number also appears on the home page and on the back of the voucher should you need it. Customers can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get assistance with connection to the internet. Alternatively you can email email@example.com