Local information for Moreton
Moreton Local Information
Local tourist information
- Guests on-site can obtain 50% off green fees at the Dorset Golf and Country Club and Resort, just 6 miles away. Ask your Holiday Site Manager for the unique code.
- The popular seaside resorts of Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth - all with sandy beaches.
- In the heart of wessex; perfect for exploring Dorset's beautiful beaches, downlands and heaths.
- Weymouth has a soft, sandy beach, historic area and a Sea Life Centre.
- Dorchester is to the west, home to several museums and trails, including the Terracotta Warriors Museum.
- Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre is a unique sanctuary, and home to over 160 rescued and endangered apes and monkeys. It is the star of Channel 5’s Monkey Life.
- The Tank Museum at Bovington includes the world’s greatest display of fighting vehicles and hosts special events throughout the year.
- Corfe Castle is both a village and a medieval castle.
- A La Ronde is an intriguing 18th-century house with fascinating decoration.
- Lulworth Cove is a beautiful area on the Jurassic Coast.
- Radipole Lake and Lodmoor are both RSPB Nature Reserves. There are guided walks from the visitor centre at Radipole.
- Mill House Cider Museum and A Dorset Collection of Clocks are at Owermoigne.
- The Swannery at Abbotsbury holds feeding sessions attended by up to 1,000 swans.
- Discovery independent science centre at Brewers Quay will intrigue the whole family.
- Tower Park at Poole has a large fun pool.
- Farmer's markets are held regularly in Wareham, Weymouth, Dorchester and Wimborne.
- Warmwell Leisure Centre is good for swimming, roller-skating and skiing.
Nearest train station: Moreton Station – next to site: Routes to Dorchester, Weymouth, Poole and Bournemouth.
Nearest bus: 0.5 mile from site entrance route to Dorchester