Lauder Timber Chalets
|Lauder Timber Chalets Info
Site Address: Lauder Club Site, Carfraemill, Oxton, Lauder, Borders TD2 6RA
Download Location Map
Open Dates: 01 April to 27 October 2014
Prices: From £42 to £73 per night*
Booking number: 024 77 678 496
Recently refurbished, these four simplistic and rustic timber chalets are set in a peaceful valley in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
There are 4 self catering chalets at Lauder Club campsite offering a great home from home.
All chalets have new kitchens and laminate flooring to the kitchen/lounge area.
Externally all chalet had new disabled ramps installed and all external cladding and windows have been re-painted.
The chalets also have a veranda with outdoor seating which provides a great alternative to the indoor seating area when the weather is good.
Self Catering facilities
||TV - Satellite or Freeview
Please note: Own bed linen and towels are required.
You can read more about the other site facilities and information by viewing the Lauder campsite page
Lauder campsite is a great base for walking and exploring the Scottish borders. With Lauder just a 4 mile drive away you have easy access to parklands and Thirlestane Castle, again a great place to explore when staying at Lauder.
With the campsite in a rural setting you'll be sure of a relaxing break supported by the range of modern facilities the site has to offer. There are also a couple of pubs nearby which are popular with people staying on the campsite.
Dogs are welcome on site and there is a designated dog walk.
Things to do around Lauder
- The town of Lauder is four miles away. It offers a blend of history, scenery and sightseeing. The Common Riding Festival is held at the end of July.
- Walkers can enjoy the Southern Upland Way, passing near the Site, and the Lammermuir Hills.
- Thirlestane Castle is one of the seven great houses of Scotland and hosts a motoring extravaganza in June.
- Archaeological excavations at the Augustinian hospital at Soutra Aisle have found traces of medicinal products from all over the world.
- Scottish capital Edinburgh is a bus ride away. Visit the castle and see the medieval buildings along the Royal Mile or enjoy the Tattoo, Festival and Fringe Festivals in the summer.
- Edinburgh Zoo is the only zoo in the country with koala bears.
- Edinburgh’s heart is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and features a medieval Old Town and Georgian New Town.
- Sunday markets are held at Kelso and Haddington.
- Take the bus to Jedburgh, and Melrose where you can visit its famous Abbeys.
- Kelso and Dryburgh also have abbeys which are worth a visit.
- The hotel next to the Site serves good food – including breakfasts.
- The village of Oxton is just over a mile from Site.
Lauder gallery - 5 photos
The lodges offer a good-sized kitchen
A twin bedroom in one of the self catering lodges
The good sized double bedroom ::
The comfortable living room
The living room in one of the lodges
What a wonderful idea. The chalet provides a great deal of pleasure to those of us who are getting on in years and can no longer cope with camping or towing. We are still able to enjoy the security and friendliness of a club site. - R Holmes
Timber Chalets - Lauder, Scottish Borders
|Date- Sat to Sat
Read more about Lauder
Member ACR in price grid = Members Age Concession Rate find out more
2014 Season Dates