Benefits of Franchising
Why We Franchise
The failure rate for new start-up businesses within a five year period is approximately 90%, while in franchising it is less than 10%. Developing and running your own site is very hard work with long hours and you must be committed to providing the highest level of member and guests services. However, with the Club’s support and with our fantastic membership base, this “lifestyle franchise” can be very rewarding indeed.
- You don’t have to come up with a new business concept as it’s been tried and tested for 100 years.
- The Club’s reputation is second to none and our brand is synonymous with all types of camping and caravanning, including motorhomes. It is a not-for-profit organisation, limited by guarantee, which means that any surplus made on any of our trading activities is put back into The Club for the benefit of all our members. There are no shareholders’ dividends or cash bonuses to pay, meaning you can feel safe regarding the security of your franchise.
- Although you would be working for yourself, you would not be working by yourself. With over 1.3 million pitch nights spent on Club sites annually, there is a huge opportunity to build your business with the backing and on-going support of a trusted, well-respected organisation.
- New franchisees have a customer base of nearly 5,000,000 members from day one of operation.
- The Contact Centre can handle in excess of 2,500 calls daily from members and non-members in peak periods, assisting callers with a range of diverse queries, from booking a site to helping with technical issues. In addition to the Contact Centre, members and non-members can book Club sites on-line at any time of the day and there were over 19 million camp site page views in 12 months up to January 2013 on our online Search and Book facility. Both of these channels free up time for franchisees to concentrate on providing members and guests with the best possible experience on their holiday during the season and affords you the comfort that bookings are still being made when your site is closed.
- We offer our franchisees a comprehensive training and development programme. This provides new franchisees with a range of theory, practical and on-site coaching learning opportunities aimed at providing you with the knowledge and skills required to set up and run your sites “in the spirit of The Friendly Club”.
- As well as being listed on the Club’s website, your site will be included in our two main bi-annual directory, “SiteSeeker”, which is printed and sent to our database of members who have elected to be “Paper” members. In addition you will receive coverage in our own fantastic monthly Magazine (also available on line to members), which has readership figures of 260,634 as of 2013. We already have strong links with the national and regional press as well as the specialist camping and caravanning media – so will work with you to make sure your franchise gains maximum exposure.
Interested in franchising?
If you think that franchising with the Club is for you, please email for more details. Alternatively please call 02476 475348.