Arrive on site in Preci and meet your fellow tourers and English-speaking Dutch Tour Escorts. An evening welcome meal with drinks will be served in the site restaurant, which specialises in using local produce. 3 nights at Preci campsite.
A day at leisure can be spent discovering the untouched natural surroundings of Monti Sibillini and Piano Grande, an immense plain, often carpeted with mountain meadow flowers surrounded by mountain peaks.
A coach excursion to the upper and lower towns of Spoleto. See the Rocca fort, visit the cathedral and enjoy a walk to the amphitheatre. The views over the Umbrian countryside are intoxicating. Lunch with a drink is included.
Travel to Giulianova (100 miles). 3 nights at Giulianova campsite.
A day at leisure for you to enjoy the sand and sea of the Gran Sasso d’Italia National Park.
A coach excursion to Ascoli Piceno, including a walking tour through the historic centre with a visit to the church of San Francesco and the Ventidio Basso theatre. This town is one of Italy’s ‘hidden’ treasures.
Travel to Opi (115 miles), to a campsite set in the heart of the Abruzzo National Park. Enjoy an evening meal on site.
3 nights at Opi campsite.
Explore the Abruzzo National Park at your leisure, perhaps visiting the wolf centre? The park is rich in flora, fauna with an array of wildlife, including Marsican brown bears and golden eagles.
A coach excursion including lunch and a drink to the impressive abbey of Monte Cassino, first founded in 529AD. Destroyed in the Second World War, the ruined buildings were reconstructed in 1944 and it's now a sacred destination for pilgrims. Lunch and drink included.
Drive to Vieste (175 miles). 3 nights at Vieste campsite.
Enjoy a day at leisure in the enchanting Gargano peninsula; the beautiful small town of Vieste is a 20 minute walk from the campsite. Blue flag beaches are nearby if you want to relax in the sunshine.
Today there will be a boat excursion along this pretty peninsula, to explore the sea caves.
Travel to Monopoli (150 miles). 4 nights at Monopoli campsite.
Enjoy a day at leisure to relax on a nearby beach or visit the lovely town of Polignano a Mare with a cove nestled at the bottom of a cliff.
Coach excursion to Alberobello, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its unusual districts of ‘trulli’; small, traditional white washed-houses with conical roofs unique to the Puglia region. This is followed by free time for lunch in Locorontondo and a tuk-tuk tour of Ostuni in the afternoon.
A coach excursion to Bari. After a walking tour of the city in the morning including a visit to the St Nicholas basilica, you will have lunch and a drink at a rural farm with home-grown produce.
Drive to the most southern point of the tour Gallipoli (95 miles). 3 nights at Gallipoli campsite.
A day for you to explore Gallipoli at your own pace. The walls surrounding the old town date from the 14th century and the maze of streets will lead you to Baroque churches and many restaurants; be sure to try sea urchins, the local speciality!
Enjoy a coach excursion to the baroque city of Lecce with a guided walking tour of the city, followed by a drive to Otranto where you will visit the old town and cathedral.
Travel to Metaponto (125 miles). 3 nights at Metaponto campsite.
A coach excursion to visit the fascinating cave houses known as 'Sassi di Matera.' These intriguing structures date back thousands of years and are fascinating to discover.
Enjoy a day at leisure before a farewell evening meal with drinks in the onsite restaurant.
End of tour arrangements. Your Tour Specialist can recommend and book other sites for your return journey.
Approximate tour mileage: 760
Driving rating: RED. This tour includes some very long drives often on challenging roads.
Mobility rating: CHALLENGING. Frequent walking on uneven terrain, areas with hills or inclines, generally longer walks, getting on and off coaches.
- Tour site fees including electricity and tourist tax
- Services of English-speaking Dutch Tour Escorts
- Sightseeing programme, local guides and entry fees as described in the itinerary
- Meals and drinks as detailed in the itinerary
- Map of Italy and guide book
- Travel pack with campsite directions
- Tour pennon
- Name badges and itinerary
What’s not included
- Return ferry crossings from the UK. Please ask for a quote for the best and most convenient route to suit you.
- Personal expenditure, tips etc
- Road tolls
- Meals and drinks (other than those detailed in the itinerary)
- Personal excursions and entrance fees
- Personal insurance (compulsory) – Please ask for a quote
- Vehicle breakdown insurance – Please ask for a quote
For help getting around, why not take a look at our Italy travel advice?
If you don't have your own vehicle to take part in our tours, then you can use our online ‘Book & Go’ service to hire one instead.
Get to the tour start point for less with our excellent ferry and Eurotunnel offers. For £25 off the tour price, book both your tour and travel arrangements with us.
Request or view a copy of our latest brochure here.
- This tour is an ADVENTURE TOUR. Step outside your comfort zone and join us on an adventure tour. These are for the more experienced tourer and will have more challenging road conditions, longer driving distances and more basic site facilities. Come and enjoy the adventure!
- This tour is operated by the Camping & Caravanning Club and our partners ACSI, the Dutch camping organisation.
- The itinerary may be subject to changes.
- Pets are not permitted on this tour.
- Some of the campsites in Southern Italy are remote without public transport. We recommend motorhomers have an alternative mode of transport if they do not wish to use their unit as primary vehicle once pitched, to ensure access to villages and places of interest.