Join in with the Club's Online Show Special
The Camping and Caravanning Club is hosting a mini online Club Show Special from the 13-18th October, featuring top tips, videos, special show offers and help and advice from the Club’s Technical Team.
This year’s Motorhome & Caravan Show at NEC Birmingham has sadly been postponed but the Club is still using the week to bring features and information it would normally have on its show stand online, for everyone to enjoy.
Michelle Jewell, Events Manager at the Club, said: “The show season has been cut short this year but we’re not letting that stop us – members and non-members would usually visit our stand for help and advice, competitions, campsite cooking demos and to chat with other members over a cuppa tea, we’re going to try and create some of the same types of content you normally see on our Club stand, online.
“The content is all free to access via our Facebook page or the Club website. While we’re not going to be able to meet up with members in person this year, we hope the online show brings people into the heart of the action and reminds them that we’re still here to help and support them as they enjoy their Club membership.”
What’s more, alongside all this great content there’ll also be a celebrity appearance from Andy Torbet, TV presenter, camper, adventurer and Club member. Andy will talk about his recent camping adventures in his Bailey Alliance motorhome and share his own expert camping tips – many of which were learned close to home this year – on the Club’s Facebook page on Friday 16th October at 6pm.
Andy said: “This year has been a little different with fewer chances to get out into the Great Outdoors but that’s given me and my wife Bex plenty of opportunities to put the ‘van to other uses – from chill-out zone to working office, music studio to a base for our family staycation.
“I’ve really appreciated the benefits that come with having a motorhome parked up on the driveway in recent months and I’m now getting to travel further afield – I can’t wait to explore more of the UK in 2021.”
Each day of the show will have a different theme:
• Tuesday 13th October: Discover Caravanning
• Wednesday 14th October: Help and advice for caravanners
• Thursday 15th October: Discover motorhomes and campervans
• Friday 16th October: *Friendly Friday* Help and advice for motorhomes and campervans
• Saturday 17th October: Choosing the right site for you
• Sunday 18th October: Show round-up
The Club is also running several competitions and offers throughout the week, including giving away free RAC breakdown kits to 20 campers who buy Arrival Breakdown cover during the show period and over £75,000 worth of prizes from its event partners including Swift, Cadac, The Outdoor Guide and Vango. The Club is also featuring dealership events and special offers, many of which have brought their show specials online or to retailers across the UK.
For early access to content, fabulous competitions and a peek at the action-packed timetable of activity visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/newsandevents/shows-and-exhibitions/virtual-show/.
Check out the Club’s Facebook page for other great live features throughout the week www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub.
For more information or images contact us.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 103 award-winning sites throughout the UK.
2. The Club re-opened many of its Club Sites from 4th July onwards (dates and type of unit allowed on site vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), with new measures in place for safer camping. For more information visit: https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/measures/.
3. There are 20 RAC UK Breakdown Kits to be given away as part of the show offer. No monetary alternative to the stated prize is available and the prize is non-transferrable. The winners will be selected by random draw from those who have taken out a valid Arrival Breakdown policy between 9am 9th October 2020 and midnight 18th October 2020.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.