Final chance to win a Swift Basecamp 4 Special Edition
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s big competition for 2020 – a chance to win a funky Swift Basecamp 4 Special Edition Camping Cross-over Vehicle (CCV) worth over £22,000 – closes in a few weeks’ time.
This year has seen a fresh surge in interest for caravan holidays with registrations of touring caravans in July up 20% on the same time last year, according to a survey conducted in July by CRiS, the national register of touring caravan keepers. What’s more, the survey indicated that 37% of registrations came from buyers who were new to caravanning and were buying their first ever touring caravan.*
The Swift Basecamp 4 SE is perfect for newcomers to caravanning and is designed for up to four action-loving adventurers. It features a unique wide rear door with window that is ideal for loading and unloading sports equipment, full central heating that can be controlled and set remotely using the Swift Command app (WiFi or data required) plus a roomy and relaxing lounge area.
The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Simon McGrath said: “2020 has seen a real boom in interest for caravans and the Swift Basecamp 4 SE is the perfect choice for anyone new to ’van life. It’s well-built and spacious yet it’s lightweight enough to be towed by anyone without a B+E licence.
“The Club is delighted to be running this competition in partnership with Swift and I hope the winner goes on to enjoy many caravanning holidays in the years to come.”
The competition closes on 8 November 2020.
For more information on the Swift Basecamp 4 SE visit www.swiftbasecamp.co.uk.
To enter the competition visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/competitions. Terms and conditions apply.
To find out more about licence restrictions when towing take a look at the Club’s datasheet www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/drivinglicences. To run a car and caravan match visit www.towsafe.co.uk.
*See the CRiS report at www.leisurevehicleshub.co.uk/article/touring-caravans-growing-sales-and-new-owners/.
For more information or images contact us.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 104 award-winning sites throughout the UK.
2. The Club re-opened many of its Club Sites from 4th July onwards (dates and type of unit allowed on site vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), with new measures in place for safer camping. For more information visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/measures/.
3. The CRiS registration service, operated by the NCC, sells a range of services associated with buying a new or used caravan – read more at www.cris.co.uk.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.