Wiltshire woman takes home caravan and awning worth £26,500 in Club competition
A Wiltshire woman has won a Swift Eccles 560 caravan and Vango Vienna 400 awning, together worth £26,500 in a Camping and Caravanning Club competition.
Gail Evans, along with her partner, Caz, collected the prize car and caravan at Highbridge Caravans in Somerset, on Monday 10th February.
The prize was presented by the Club following the Club’s ‘100 years of the caravan’ celebrations. The competition ran throughout 2019 when the Club marked the centenary of the first car-towed production caravan by launching the first-ever floating campsite on the River Thames. The Swift Eccles 560 is a luxury caravan and tribute to the original Eccles caravan, first produced at a factory in Gosta Green, Birmingham in 1919.
Gail, who is currently serving in the Army in the Adjutant General’s Corps and due to complete her service in March, said: “This will be a way of life for us from this point on.
“We’re currently in the process of selling the house and when my service comes to an end we’re planning to travel around the UK, then Europe over the next five years.
“I started camping in the Army – there’s not much choice but to camp there! There’s luxury…and then there’s Army camping!”
Nick Page, Group Commercial Director at Swift Group, the manufacturer of the Swift Eccles range, said: “The Eccles 560 sits at the top of our popular Eccles range. With good looks, designer touches and distinctive, modern styling it’s also fitted out to a high-level specification, large enough to fit all the family.
“I hope Gail and Caz enjoy many years of holidaying in their new home-from-home.”
For more information on Club competitions, including a new competition to win a modern Basecamp 4 Special Edition camping crossover vehicle (CCV) visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/competitions.
For more information or images please contact us.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 103 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
3. Contact the Club’s Technical Information team on 024 7647 5282 or email email@example.com for advice on licence entitlements or matching a car and caravan.
4. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
5. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.