Save the date: National Camping and Caravanning Week 2020
The date has been set for this year’s National Camping and Caravanning Week, which will run from 25-31 May.
NCCW is The Camping and Caravanning Club’s annual campaign to showcase the joys of camping in all its forms and has been running since 2001.
This year’s theme is ‘new to camping’ and the Club will launch a series of exciting competitions in the coming weeks to win great camping kit and accessories. The star competition gives people a chance to win a Swift Basecamp 4 camping crossover vehicle (CCV) worth over £22,000. For a chance to win, enter online at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/competitions.
Sabina Voysey, Director General at The Camping and Caravanning Club, said: “National Camping and Caravanning Week is an important date in the diary and spans the Spring Bank Holiday when many people turn their thoughts to holidays and long summer days.
“We want to share the benefits of camping and caravanning as a way to explore the wonderful countryside and attractions on our own doorstep, plus spend quality time together away from the distractions of technology. The Club is using National Camping and Caravanning Week to share these messages and we’ve got lots of exciting ways planned to get involved.”
In recent years the Club has marked NCCW with the first-ever floating campsite on the Thames (2019), lighting up the Great Ridge in the Peak District National Park at night with the British Mountaineering Council (2018) while the 2016 event saw Club President Julia Bradbury camp overnight on top of the O2 in a world-first.
For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week visit www.nccw.co.uk.
For more information or images please contact us.
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 119-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 103 award-winning Club Sites and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites in stunning Forestry Commission woodlands across England and Scotland.
2. For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week visit www.nccw.co.uk.
3. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
4. For videos on all aspects of camping and caravanning visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
5. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.