Work continues to develop new Camping in the Forest Site at Sherwood Pines
Work to develop a new campsite in the popular Sherwood Pines forest in Nottinghamshire will continue throughout the winter and spring, ahead of a planned opening during the 2020 camping season.
The campsite will be run and managed by Camping in the Forest, a partnership between The Camping and Caravanning Club and Forestry England. It will span 20 acres of Forestry England woodland and brings the total number of Camping in the Forest Sites to 16 across England and Scotland.
Work started on the development site infrastructure in mid-July. Once finished, the campsite will have 150 pitches, including 63 hardstanding pitches, 18 of which will be super service and feature electric hook-up plus fresh water and waste drainage.
There will also be ten pitches for Ready Camp tents, stylish safari-style glamping accommodation, located in a separate glade area and 12 glamping pods in two woodland glade areas, to cater for people without their own camping equipment but who are keen to explore the natural beauty of this famous woodland.
Other confirmed building works on the campsite include:
• The development of a new amenity block and a dedicated children’s play area
• The construction of bike and dog wash stations, plus a motorhome service point
• The addition of 47 grass with electric pitches plus a larger number of grass only pitches
• Dedicated reception and workshop buildings
Nathan Goodyear, Director of Property and Development at The Camping and Caravanning Club, said: “Since we first started work on developing the site in mid-July there has already been some major changes such as creating the spaces for the hardstandings. Foundations are now complete for the new amenity block and reception and workshop too – it’s great to see it coming together.
“Sherwood Pines is a wonderful place to explore either by foot or on bike, with family activity trails, bushcraft experiences, cycle trails for both families and mountain bike enthusiasts, Go Ape and a café that uses high quality locally sourced products. The campsite will be a great base to explore the area.”
Bookings for the new campsite are scheduled to open early 2020. To learn more about the progress of the developments on site at Camping in the Forest Sherwood Pines, sign up to The Camping in the Forest e-newsletter at www.campingintheforest.co.uk/blog.
For more information or images please contact us.
Notes for Editors
1. Camping in the Forest is a joint venture between Forestry England and The Camping and Caravanning Club.
2. Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry England Estate and provides camping holidays at 15 beautiful locations in England and Scotland. Sherwood Pines is the group’s first campsite in the Midlands and will bring the total to 16.
3. Visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk for further information.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Camping in the Forest, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the group, visit www.facebook.com/campingintheforest, www.twitter.com/camping_citf, or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/campingintheforest.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.