Top camping brands celebrated at 2019 Owner Satisfaction Awards
The winners of this year’s Tent, Caravan and Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards have been revealed.
Club President Julia Bradbury was on hand to present the awards at The Midland Hotel in Manchester on the evening of 17 January. As in previous years, winners were crowned based entirely on the feedback given by the thousands of Club members, Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome readers who completed the 2019 Owner Satisfaction Survey, which ran from February to November 2018.
A total of 24 awards were presented at the ceremony, which is run by The Camping and Caravanning Club in partnership with Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines.
Robert Louden MBE, Director General at The Camping and Caravanning Club, said: “We are pleased to continue our annual celebration into the best products on the market at the 2019 Owner Satisfaction Awards.
“Over the three year’s we’ve been running these awards jointly with Practical Motorhome and Practical Caravan magazines, we’ve collected invaluable feedback from tent, trailer tent, caravan and motorhome owners. This is then shared with manufacturers where appropriate to help to improve the quality and overall reliability of their products. Ultimately, this then helps consumers and our members to spend their money wisely.”
Alastair Lewis, Managing Director (Hobbies) at Future Publishing, the publisher of both Practical magazine titles, said: “We're delighted to team up with The Camping and Caravanning Club once again to deliver this important survey of caravan and motorhome owners - our brands are all about helping people get the most out of their passion for caravan or motorhome travel and to buy the best kit to help them do that.
“This survey is an invaluable tool both for readers keen to get insight from other owners and for the industry to help them continue to deliver great 'vans and motorhomes and the highest levels of service for their customers. It's testament to the strength of our brands and their position in the market that this year we received more responses than ever before, and we continue to develop the survey and our presentation of it to best reflect the changing markets we operate in.”
The caravan and motorhome awards both feature new categories for 2019, Best Motorhome Manufacturer and Best Caravan Manufacturer, awarded to the brands which score highest across both new and pre-owned categories based on UK new and used volume sales.
Meanwhile, there was an increase in the number of 31-50 year olds who completed this year’s Tent Owner Satisfaction Survey, with more people paying less than £100 for their tent.
The full results from the surveys, and detailed analysis, will be published in the February issues of Camping & Caravanning and Practical Caravan and the April issue of Practical Motorhome. To view the full list of gold and silver award winners in this year’s awards visit: www.practicalcaravan.com, www.practicalmotorhome.com or www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/owner-satisfaction-awards.
For more information or images contact:
Simon McGrath, email@example.com or 024 7647 5094
Andrew Robson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 024 7647 5291
The full list of winners at The Owner Satisfaction Awards 2019 includes:
Tent Owner Satisfaction Awards 2019
Best budget tents (up to £300): Quechua
Best mainstream tents (£300-£1000): Outwell
Best premium tents (over £1000): Karsten
Best backpacker tents: Vango
Best weekender tents: Quechua
Best family tents: Coleman
Best traditional pole tents: Outwell
Best inflatable tents: Karsten
Best trailer tents: Opus
Motorhome Owner Satisfaction Awards 2019
New Motorhomes Best Manufacturer (Direct Sales): WildAx
New Motorhomes Best Manufacturer (Multi-Dealer): Adria
New Motorhomes Best Supplying Dealer (Direct Sales): Vantage Motorhomes
New Motorhomes Best Supplying Dealer (Multi-Dealer): Todds Motorhomes
Pre-owned Motorhomes Best Manufacturer (Direct Sales): Murvi
Pre-owned Motorhomes Best Manufacturer (Direct Sales): Vantage Motorhomes
Pre-owned Motorhomes Best Manufacturer (Multi-Dealer): Adria
Pre-owned Motorhomes Best Supplying Dealer (Direct Sales): Murvi
Pre-owned Motorhomes Best Supplying Dealer (Multi-Dealer): Meridian Motorhomes Best Motorhome Manufacturer (UK New and Used): Auto-Sleepers
Caravan Owner Satisfaction Awards 2019
New Caravans Best Manufacturer: Coachman
New Caravans Best Supplying Dealer: Peter Roberts Caravans
Pre-owned Caravans Best Manufacturer: Bailey
Pre-owned Caravans Best Supplying Dealer: Blackmore Vale Leisure
Best Caravan Manufacturer (UK New and Used): Bailey
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club has 106 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. The Club has recently acquired two campsites in the Lake District National Park. The campsites, called Scotgate and Braithwaite Bridges, are owned by Scotgate Holiday Park and located between Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite Lake close to the popular Lakeland town of Keswick. For more information visit www.scotgateholidaypark.co.uk.
3. Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome magazines are owned by Future PLC (www.futureplc.com); 13 issues of each are published every year, featuring a wide range of reviews, travel inspiration, technical coverage, buying advice and more. The brands' websites can be found at www.practicalcaravan.com and www.practicalmotorhome.com. Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome both have a lively and popular online and social presence, as well as hugely successful Youtube channels (https://www.youtube.com/user/practicalcaravan and https://www.youtube.com/user/pmotorhome).
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan or check out our new Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
5. To view the Club’s comprehensive video directory, visit www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub.
6. To learn more about the benefits of joining the Club, visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.