Exciting new tours for Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays
Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays from The Camping and Caravanning Club has launched two new tours for 2019-20.
The first tour, ‘Highlights of Sri Lanka’, is a shorter version of the popular ‘Splendours of Sri Lanka’ tour, first launched in October 2017. The new tour, as with the longer 30-day tour, is chauffeur-driven and covers all of the country’s top attractions in just 14 days.
The tour taps into the boom in overseas visitors to Sri Lanka; the number of inbound visitors to this island nation have increased from just over a million in 2012, to 2.7 million in 2017 and is expected to grow to 3 million or more by 2022.*
Richard Grimsdale, Travel Services Director at Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays, said: “Our chauffeur-driven motorhome tour to Sri Lanka that we launched last year was a UK first. To build on that we have introduced a shorter 14-day tour that’s perfect for travellers who are short on time but are still keen to see all the country has to offer.
“It is a first for Worldwide as we are testing long-haul for a shorter period of time. Early responses have been overwhelmingly positive.”
Alongside popular longstanding tours to destinations such as Argentina, South Africa, Canada and Japan, Worldwide’s new ‘New York and New England in The Fall’ tour spans 22 days and has been added to the Worldwide travel programme in direct response to customer feedback. In a recent survey, the region was selected as the most popular destination to explore by motorhome. The tour includes three nights in New York, an excursion to the island of Martha’s Vineyard - the affluent summer resort of New Yorkers and Bostonites plus a trolley tour of Acadia National Park, on the stunning Maine coast.
The tour spans more than 1,400 miles, starting and ending in the bright lights of New York City.
Richard added: “Both of these tours feature great excursions, a number of meals and motorhome hire.
“At Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays we listen to our holidaymakers when putting together new tours and itineraries, and are pleased to introduce our new New England tour as a direct response to the feedback we have received.”
The New York and New England in the Fall tour starts from 14 September 2019 with places available for a maximum of 15 units. Splendours of Sri Lanka departs on 1 November 2019. Bookings for The New York and New England in the Fall tour will open at the upcoming Motorhome & Caravan Show 2018, NEC Birmingham from 16-21 October. Visit the Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays stand (9-99) on each day of the show for holiday inspiration and advice from the Worldwide Travel Specialists.
For more information, or to request a copy of the new 87-page Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays 2019-20 brochure, visit www.worldwidemotorhomingholidays.co.uk.
*Travel in Sri Lanka, Euromonitor International, October 2017
For more information contact:
Simon McGrath, firstname.lastname@example.org or 024 7647 5291
Andrew Robson, email@example.com or 024 7647 5094
Notes for Editors
1. Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays is operated by The Camping and Caravanning Club which is 117-years-old and is the world’s oldest and largest Club for all forms of camping.
2. Motorhomes available on the Sri Lanka Escorted tour are manufactured to a UK specification.
3. To pick up a copy of the 87-page Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays 2019-20 edition brochure visit the Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays stand, Stand 9-99a & 9-99b Hall 9, at The Motorhome and Caravan Show, NEC Birmingham, from 16-21 October 2018.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed worldwide tours, visit facebook.com/worldwidemh.
5. Non-members of The Camping and Caravanning Club can also book with Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays and call on the Club’s Travel Service to build their dream getaway. A non-member booking fee of £20 applies to each booking.
6. Get inspired: for the latest videos on Worldwide Motorhoming Holidays destinations, visit bit.ly/WorldwideMotorhoming.