Spotlight on Andy Owen, North West Region PRO
Andy Owen (pictured left, alongside Past Chairman Mel Hill), PRO for the Club’s North West Region, has shared his thoughts on the ways Club Units can promote DA camping in their Regions based on his own experiences and expertise - Andy has recently been involved with the organisation of the National Feast of Lanterns at Arley Hall hosted by the Club’s North West Region.
So, over to you Andy for your top tips…
1. Make your Facebook/Twitter posts engaging and light-hearted.
2. Run an occasional poll, for example, how did you find out about DA camping? Which is your favourite site?
3. Don't be afraid to post your events outside your DA/ Section Facebook groups, as long as you state "Camping and Caravanning Club Members Only." There are lots of members out there that have never tried DA camping and don't know what it is. But check the pinned post on the group page you are posting on for page-specific rules as some groups have restrictions on what you can or cannot advertise.
4. Include a photo if you can, the more eye catching the better.
5. Try to advertise your Meet in plenty of time. There’s nothing worse than getting a message just hours before the event is due to open. People like to plan their trips.
6. Try to include pertinent information such as showers, hook-ups, toilets and anything going on nearby
7. Do a short report on any big events for the Club’s magazine and don't be afraid to pick up the phone and speak with the team at HQ – they won’t bite!
8. Be friendly, approachable, and answer any questions put your way! And if you don't know try to find out.
9. Enjoy it!
If you would like more advice, contact Andy at email@example.com.
Would you like to take the spotlight in our next issue? Please get in touch with your ideas.