New award nomination crowns Ready Camp's season of success
Ready Camp, the official glamping network of The Camping and Caravanning Club, is celebrating an increase in the number of people staying on its sites this year, bolstered by the addition of ten new sites to its network of UK glamping locations.
And what’s more, Ready Camp is topping off a successful season as a finalist in the Best Holiday Rental for Families category at the 2017 Family Traveller Awards.
Since its launch in 2015, the network of campsites hosting the comfy safari-style glamping tents has grown from 17 in Ready Camp’s first year, to 29 in 2016 and 39 for this year’s camping season. All have proven popular this year, with new locations at Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire and Dartmouth well received by journalists at The Daily Star and The Sun. Joe Frost, Travel writer for The Sun, said in his report: “The traditional trip to the seaside is still one of the best holidays that money can buy – especially now Ready Camp has added a little glamour to the great outdoors.”
Ready Camp locations in the South West of England have seen particular growth, with an increase in glamping nights sold of 71% year-on-year.
Each Ready Camp safari-style tent sleeps up to six people, to include a maximum of four adults. The comfy tents come equipped with a triple bunk bed, double bed, seating area and dining table, plus a small kitchen area. Everything is provided with the exception of towels and bedding – Ready Campers need only bring their sense of adventure.
Well appointed, spotless washroom facilities are also available on all Camping and Caravanning Club Sites.
Ready Camp Sites Director Bob Hill said: “Ready Camp continues to prove popular with holidaymakers who camp infrequently and those who have little to no experience of camping.
“All Ready Campers appreciate the convenience of a pre-pitched glamping tent with facilities on hand and I’m thrilled we’ve been shortlisted in the Best Holiday Rental for Families category at this year’s Family Traveller Awards – we certainly look forward to welcoming more families to our glamping locations next year.”
At the end of the 2017 glamping season more than ten per cent of sales have come from Ready Campers wishing to book more than one tent for glamping trips with extended family and friends. An announcement on the expansion of the Ready Camp network will be made early in the New Year.
For more information on Ready Camp visit: www.readycamp.co.uk.
To vote for Ready Camp in the Best Holiday Rental for Families category at the Family Traveller Awards 2017 visit: www.familytraveller.com/vote. Voting closes on 20 October 2017.
For further media information or images contact:
Simon McGrath on 024 7647 5094 or email@example.com
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
1. Ready Camp is owned and run by The Camping and Caravanning Club, which is 116-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has more than 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. Ready Camp is yours to explore and is accessible to anyone; all you need to bring is your own bedding, towels and tea towel. All other equipment and utensils are provided. To view a list of equipment included in each Ready Camp tent, please visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/readycamp/faqs/.
3. Bookings are for a minimum of three nights. Three-night stays commence on a Friday (Friday-Monday), four-night stays commence on a Monday (Monday-Friday), seven-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday, ten-night stays commence on a Friday, while 14-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday.
4. Prices start from just £25 per tent, per night, in low season.
5. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Ready Camp, visit www.facebook.com/readycampuk, www.twitter.com/readycampuk or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/readycampuk.