Club teams up with Hyundai and Swift to offer car and caravan worth £38,000
The Camping and Caravanning Club is showcasing its popular ‘No B+E Licence? No Problem!’ campaign for 2017, aimed at drivers who passed their test after 1 January 1997, and are promoting the message with a chance to win an outfit worth £38,000 at The Motorhome and Caravan Show, NEC Birmingham, from 17-22 October 2017.
Drivers who passed their test after 1 January 1997 automatically hold a B car licence, which enables them to tow car and caravan outfits with a combined maximum authorised mass of no more than 3,500kg.
But there are plenty of stylish, modern car and caravan combinations that fall within this limit, and they can be legally and safely matched and towed in comfort.
To raise awareness around this subject, the Club has teamed up with leading tow car manufacturer Hyundai Motors UK and Britain’s biggest caravan and motorhome maker Swift.
Included in this year’s prize pot are a fabulous New Generation Hyundai i30 car and Swift Basecamp, plus a year’s free membership to the Club, and a towing course for beginners with Club approved towing experts.
The Hyundai New Generation i30 is a dynamic and refined hatchback. Spacious on the inside, economic and enjoyable to drive, it’s perfect for adventurous holidays and everyday driving.
The Swift Basecamp is for active adventurers seeking thrills off the beaten track, whatever the weather. Compact and lightweight for easy towing, vital kit can be securely stowed, and it is packed with mod cons so you can refuel, relax, get out and do more.
Ian Hewlett, the Club’s Technical Manager, said: “The Basecamp is something completely new and is ideal for anyone without B+E stamped on their licence - those born after 1980 or passed their tests later in life.
“The Club’s Towing Match service continues to receive thousands of hits each year, and there’s a wealth of information on our website about how to choose a tow car and match it with a caravan accordingly. Contact our Technical Information team on 024 7647 5282 or email email@example.com for advice on licence entitlements or matching a car and caravan.”
The competition closes on 31 October 2017, shortly after the Motorhome and Caravan Show at NEC Birmingham, from 17-22 October 2017.
Simply visit the Club stand (8-10) at the show and fill out the entry form to be in with a chance to win these fantastic prizes.
Enter the competition online at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/competitions.
*For more details on the limits of B+E see https://www.gov.uk/driving-licence-categories.
For further media information or images contact:
Simon McGrath on 024 7647 5094 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or email@example.com
Notes for Editors
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 116-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 106 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. The Camping and Caravanning Club is exhibiting at the Motorhome and Caravan Show 2017. Visit the Club Stand (8-10) on each day of the show for holiday inspiration, information and advice on camping in the UK and further afield with the Club’s European and Worldwide Travel Service.
3. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from The Camping and Caravanning Club, and to engage with those who’ve enjoyed holidays with the Club, visit www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan, www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub or check out our new Instagram page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
4. To learn more about shows attended by The Camping and Caravanning Club throughout the year visit www.campingandcaravannningclub.co.uk/shows.
5. The Swift Group was founded in 1964 with the aim to produce innovative products that are well designed, constructed to the highest standards and provide outstanding value for money. Over the last decade, as the Company has grown from a single brand, Swift, to a multi brand operation encompassing Sterling, Sprite, Bessacarr Escape and Autocruise, which was bought in October 2007. For further information visit www.swiftgroup.co.uk.
6. The Hyundai Motor Company was founded in 1967 and has grown to become the world’s fifth largest motor group in less than fifty years, selling 4.05 million vehicles in 2011. For further information visit www.hyundai.co.uk.