Ready Camp crowned Best Holiday Rental for Families at Family Traveller Awards 2017
Ready Camp, the official glamping network of The Camping and Caravanning Club, has won a prestigious award at the Family Traveller Awards 2017.
The glamping provider won the award for ‘Best holiday rental for families’ at this year’s ceremony, fending off competition from other big name brands in the travel and tourism sector, including AirBnB, Forest Holidays and Villa Plus.
Now in its third year, winners of the Family Traveller Awards 2017 were announced at a London ceremony on 21 November. The awards are dedicated to honouring the best travel companies working in the family travel and tourism industry. Hosted by TV personality Alice Beer, this year’s event was attended by more than 200 people.
Since its launch in 2015, the number of locations to offer glamping with Ready Camp has grown to 39 Camping and Caravanning Club Sites, and there are plans to launch new locations ahead of the start of next year’s camping season too.
Bob Hill, Sites Director at The Camping and Caravanning Club, said: “Ready Camp offers all the fun of camping with the convenience of a pre-pitched luxury safari-style tent and comfy beds. We launched Ready Camp in 2015 with glamping tents on 17 Camping and Caravanning Club Sites and its rapid growth is testament to the wide appeal of our product.
“It has proven to be massively popular with families who have children and this award represents a fantastic achievement that reflects the hard work of everyone involved in developing and delivering the holiday experience that Ready Camp has to offer.”
In total, the Family Traveller Awards 2017 attracted 2,600 nominees of which 240 were shortlisted, with 45,000 public votes cast and 20 winners.
For more information visit www.readycamp.co.uk.
To view details of all category winner at the Family Traveller Awards 2017 visit www.familytraveller.com/awards/.
For further media information or images contact:
Simon McGrath on 024 7647 5094 or email@example.com
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
1. Ready Camp is owned and run by The Camping and Caravanning Club, which is 116-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has more than 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 15 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2. Ready Camp is yours to explore and is accessible to anyone; all you need to bring is your own bedding, towels and tea towel. All other equipment and utensils are provided. To view a list of equipment included in each Ready Camp tent, please visit: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/readycamp/faqs/.
3. Bookings are for a minimum of three nights. Three-night stays commence on a Friday (Friday-Monday), four-night stays commence on a Monday (Monday-Friday), seven-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday, ten-night stays commence on a Friday, while 14-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday.
4. Prices start from just £25 per tent, per night, in low season.
5. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Ready Camp, visit www.facebook.com/readycampuk, www.twitter.com/readycampuk or check out our Instagram page www.instagram.com/readycampuk.