Ready Camp celebrates bumper 2016
Ready Camp, the Club’s newest Glamping product, has enjoyed a bumper season, with a significant growth in the number of bookings at each of its original glamping destinations, and strong demand for those sites added in 2016.
The network, launched in February 2015, expanded by a further 13 campsite locations to 29 in 2016, each of which has proved hugely popular.
Among the most significant Ready Camp advances was the redevelopment of the Club’s Derwentwater Site in the Lake District, which reopened in July featuring nine Ready Camp tents.
Other new Ready Camp locations launched in 2016 included Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, mid Wales and the Suffolk coast.
Each glamping tent offers comfortable and hassle-free camping to people keen to camp without having to hitch up a caravan or pitch their own tent – all you need to bring is your own bedding, towels and a sense of adventure.
With accommodation for up to six people, there’s plenty of room for all of the family. The glamping units come fully furnished with a double bed, a triple bunk bed and single stow-away bed. There’s also a kitchen – with a fridge, microwave and hob – basic cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery, a sofa, dining table and chairs, a lockable storage cabinet, electric sockets and lights.
Washrooms are available on all Camping and Caravanning Club Sites, where holidaymakers are guaranteed immaculate facilities.
Stretching from Scone in Scotland, to Cardigan Bay in Wales, Kessingland in East Anglia, and Veryan in Cornwall, the campsites have been carefully selected to ensure there are plenty of local activities nearby for all the family to enjoy.
More than three quarters of all Ready Camp bookings since launch have been made by non-members of The Camping and Caravanning Club, so it’s a great introduction to the joys of holidaying on a Club Site.
In addition to an increase in bookings and praise from customers, Ready Camp has also been nominated in a number of industry awards schemes. At the end of 2015, the website www.readycamp.co.uk scooped the ‘Best Travel & Holidays’ award at the ‘eCommerce for Excellence’ event.
And in summer 2016, Ready Camp was shortlisted in the Best UK Accommodation – Group category at the 2016 Family Traveller Awards.
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, said: “We’ve been blown away by the incredible success of Ready Camp since we launched the network. It’s the only true glamping network of its kind that allows Club members and non-members to explore the UK from the comfort of these fabulous tents.
“This year has seen The Camping and Caravanning Club grow the number of Ready Camp locations from 17 to 29 and there are plans to expand further in 2017 - we will share further updates early in the New Year.”
For more information on Ready Camp, visit: www.readycamp.co.uk.
For further information contact:
Rob Ganley on 024 7647 5204 or email@example.com
Andy Robson on 024 7647 5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* The website www.readycamp.co.uk won the coveted ‘Best Travel & Holidays’ award at the ‘eCommerce Awards for Excellence’ in September 2015.
Notes for Editors
1) Ready Camp is owned and run by The Camping and Caravanning Club, which is 115-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has more than 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 16 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
2) Ready Camp is yours to explore and is accessible to anyone; all you need to bring is your own bedding, towels and tea towel. Everything else is provided. To view a list of equipment included in each Ready Camp tent, please visit: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/readycamp/faqs/.
3) Bookings are for a minimum of three nights. Three-night stays commence on a Friday (Friday – Monday), Four-night stays commence on a Monday (Monday – Friday), Seven-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday, ten-night stays commence on a Friday, while 14-night stays can start on a Monday, Friday or Saturday.
4) Prices start from just £20 per tent, per night, in low season.