Boost for Camping in The Forest in 2016
Camping in the Forest has reported a successful camping season, with a 3% increase in the number of pitch night sales to campers across its 16 campsites so far in 2016, compared with 2015.
The camping brand, a partnership between The Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club, operates campsites in stunning, tranquil woodland locations from the Cairngorms National Park to the New Forest.
And in addition to the increasing number of campers pitching-up on its sites this year, Camping in the Forest has benefitted from the support of TV presenter and wildlife ambassador, Chris Packham, on several campaigns to promote the importance of getting outdoors and active.
The Escaping the City campaign with Hilda Burke, a psychotherapist and life coach, has uncovered that Brits are spending an ever-increasing amount of time indoors, based on a survey of 2000 people conducted by Camping in the Forest. The findings revealed that a large number of people were unable to identify common species, such as the English oak tree, kingfisher and buzzard.
Bob Hill, Camping in the Forest Sites Director, said: “We’ve capitalised on good weather in July, August and September, to enjoy a very busy camping season.
“Those sites in the New Forest have fared particularly well, with campaigns running locally that helped to raise the profile of the New Forest as a great destination for exploring the best of British wildlife.”
The ‘Harry the Hedgehog Goes Camping’ competition was released by Camping in the Forest in June and invited school children across Surrey, Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire and East Sussex to complete a creative writing challenge. Materials released as part of the campaign have supported education around the plight of UK hedgehogs and the steps that can be followed to ensure their survival.
Chris Packham presented a certificate and week’s camping voucher to the ultimate winner, Eve Carter, in her school assembly at Surrey Hills C of E Primary School on 4 July.
For more information on Camping in the Forest, visit: www.campingintheforest.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Rob Ganley on 024 7647 5204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or email@example.com
Notes for Editors
1. Camping in the Forest is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club.
2. Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry Commission Estate and provides camping holidays at 16 beautiful locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
3. Visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk for further information.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Camping in the Forest, visit twitter.com/Camping_CITF, facebook.com/campingintheforest and instagram.com/campingintheforest.
5. Get inspired: for the latest videos on Camping in the Forest, visit bit.ly/CampingintheForest.