Online bookings surge with launch of new Camping in the Forest website
The Camping in the Forest website, relaunched in April 2015, has enjoyed a marked increase in website traffic with 12% more sessions recorded over the summer months.
The website, on which campers can plan and book a holiday at the Camping in the Forest network of 16 campsites in England, Wales and Scotland, benefited from a raft of new features and improved functionality, making it much easier to use.
Between 1 June and 30 September, this has led to a 17% increase in pitch bookings made through the website, compared to the same period in 2014.
The overall bounce rate on the website has dropped by 20% for the same period, indicating more people are staying on the website when they reach it. This demonstrates it has made it a lot easier for users to find information pertinent to their next break away.
This has played a major part in the 10% increase in pitch night sales to campers across the Camping in the Forest network, compared with 2014, and also a significant increase in advanced bookings to the end of February 2016, up by 14% on the same period last year.
Bob Hill, Camping in the Forest Sites Director, said: “The new Camping in the Forest website makes it easier than ever before to book a pitch on one of the sixteen secluded campsites on our network.
“The statistics show that our customers are booking pitches online in ever increasing numbers, with fewer people choosing to book over the phone. The extent to which the new website is shaping or facilitating this shift is open to debate, but at the very least it’s making it easier for visitors to the website to research destinations and explore where they would like to stay.”
For more information on Camping in the Forest, please visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Rob Ganley on 024 7647 5204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or email@example.com
Notes for Editors
1. Camping in the Forest is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club.
2. Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry Commission Estate and provides camping holidays at 16 beautiful locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
3. Visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk for further information.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Camping in the Forest, visit twitter.com/Camping_CITF, facebook.com/campingintheforest and instagram.com/campingintheforest.
5. Get inspired: for the latest videos on Camping in the Forest, visit bit.ly/CampingintheForest.