Enjoy a break in the forest this winter
Five sites across the Camping in The Forest network will remain open this winter, including Setthorns, Bracelands, Postern Hill, Glenmore and Beddgelert. What’s more, many other sites in the network will stay open well into autumn.
Camping in the Forest is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club, which provides camping holidays at 16 beautiful locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
The 2015 camping season has been a great success for Camping in the Forest, with the number of pitch nights sold across the network increasing by 10% on 2014.
Also, advance bookings at Camping in the Forest sites for the coming winter months, until end February 2016, are up 14% year-on-year.
Bob Hill, Camping in the Forest Sites Director, said: “Camping in The Forest during the winter season holds a longstanding appeal to campers who want to spend quality time with family and end the year in spectacular surrounds.
“Hardstanding pitches are available at all our sites open during winter, with the exception of Postern Hill. There’s no need to worry about getting stuck in the mud, and many of these campsites are at their most dramatic in winter. Today’s camping equipment, whether it’s a luxury motorhome or simple tent with the right gear inside, is capable of four season camping. For those who haven’t been winter camping before, we’d urge you to give it a try.”
All sites have experienced a growth in visitor numbers during the course of 2015. Each will benefit from ongoing refurbishment during the course of 2015 and 2016, too.
2015 saw the launch of the Disconnect to Reconnect campaign with TV personality Chris Packham and a new online Decision Tree app, making it easier for holidaymakers to search for Forest sites best suited to their tastes and needs.
For further information on booking a pitch on a Camping in The Forest site this winter, visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk. Pitch fees start at just £11.50, based on two adults sharing.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Rob Ganley on 024 7647 5204 or email@example.com
Andrew Robson on 024 7647 5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
1. Camping in the Forest is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club.
2. Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry Commission Estate and provides camping holidays at 16 beautiful locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
3. Visit www.campingintheforest.co.uk for further information.
4. Get involved: for the latest news, information and inspiration from Camping in the Forest, visit twitter.com/Camping_CITF, facebook.com/campingintheforest and instagram.com/campingintheforest.
5. Get inspired: for the latest videos on Camping in the Forest, visit bit.ly/CampingintheForest.