Loch Ness Shores Club Site Wins Two Major Trophies at National Award Ceremony
Loch Ness Shores Camping and Caravanning Club Site has scooped two national gongs at the prestigious Loo of the Year Awards 2014.
The stunning campsite, located on the southeast shore of Loch Ness, won awards for Scotland’s ‘Eco friendly Loo of the Year’ and ‘Holiday Park Loo of the Year’ at a recent awards ceremony.
“We are absolutely delighted with these awards,” said Franchisee Lyn Forbes. “It’s a testament to the hard work of all our team here. Thank you to Club members and campers for your best wishes and lovely reviews on the Camping and Caravanning Club website, on TripAdvisor, Facebook and Twitter – we are convinced they made a real difference!”
The prestigious Loo of the Year Awards recognises the very best publicly accessible washrooms in the UK. Launched in 1987, the annual competition has helped focus the spotlight on 'away from home' toilets and promote the highest standards.
Each toilet entered into the scheme is rigorously assessed on strict criteria, which includes signage and communication, décor and maintenance, security and cleanliness.
And following an unannounced visit by an authorised Loo of the Year Awards Inspector, it’s given a grading – Loch Ness Shores received a Platinum grading, which is the highest possible in the scheme’s structure.
All buildings and energy systems at Loch Ness Shores are designed to minimise impact on the environment and conserve natural resources – for example, the buildings and water are heated using solar and geothermal technology.
This forward-thinking approach has already seen the campsite, which only opened in 2013, achieve a Gold Green Tourism Award and a 5-star VisitScotland accreditation.
Camping and Caravanning Club Sites Director Bob Hill said: “This is a great result for Loch Ness Shores. As a Club we are focused on raising standards in the provision of clean, hygienic and accessible toilets for our members and non-members alike.
“Our teams work tirelessly to ensure that our campers have a memorable and hassle-free experience when they stay on a Club Site, and it’s fantastic that Donald and Lyn Forbes’ efforts have been recognised in these awards.”
Mike Bone, Managing Director of Loo of the Year Awards, added: “We have been very impressed with the high standards of cleaning and maintenance performed… The improvements in design and the quality of fixtures and fittings are also recognising user’s needs for attractive as well as functional facilities to meet all of their personal requirements."
For further information on Loch Ness Shores Camping and Caravanning Club Site, visit http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/lochnessshores
And for more information on the Loo of the Year 2014 Awards, go to http://www.loo.co.uk/
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
Notes for Editors
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 113-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 16 Camping in the Forest touring sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk tells why our members are happier and healthier.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- Camping & Caravanning is the world's longest established and largest circulation monthly magazine for all forms of camping. It was established 109 years ago, and today is in the top 50 titles for circulation: ABC 260,634, Jan – Dec 2013.
- The Camping & Caravanning app is the latest extension to the Camping & Caravanning brand, which is available in print, online via its own-branded website www.myccc.co.uk/magazine, and now in tablet form.