Cobleland in the Running for Goldstar Award
Cobleland Camping in the Forest site has been shortlisted for a GoldStar Award in the Holiday Parks & Camping Sites category run by the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
The site represents one of the highest scoring Gold Holiday Parks & Camping sites in the UK and Ireland, which were graded during 2011.
The winner of the prestigious award will be judged and announced by a panel of Sustainable Tourism Experts during Green Tourism Week (May 21-27, 2012).
A total of eight GoldStar Awards will be presented to those who have demonstrated the highest levels of green ambassadorship, innovation and cost savings over the last year.
The eight GoldStar categories are; Greenest Activity Centre, Greenest B&B and Guest House, Greenest Hostel and Bunkhouse, Greenest Holiday Park and Camping Site, Greenest Conference Venue, Greenest Hotel, Greenest Visitor Attraction and Greenest Self-catering.
The Green Tourism Business Scheme is the UK’s national sustainable tourism certification scheme and the only scheme to be validated by VisitBritain, through the International Centre for Responsible Tourism (ICRT).
Cobleland’s Holiday Site Managers, Lesley and Graham Logan, were delighted with the feedback and they said: “We know how prestigious and competitive the Green Tourism Business Scheme is, so it’s such an honour to be shortlisted.
“We hope this acknowledgement will inspire holidaymakers to visit our campsite – it’s perfect for walkers and cyclists alike, located on the grassy banks of the River Forth within Queen Elizabeth Forest Park in Scotland.”
Bob Hill, Club Sites Director, added: “It’s a great achievement for Lesley, Graham and their Site team and on behalf of the Club; I’d like to offer our congratulations.
“Our award-winning Camping in the Forest Sites offer a real back to nature holiday in idyllic locations across the country.”
For more information on the Green Tourism Business Scheme, visit: http://www.green-business.co.uk
If you’d like to stay on any of our award-winning Camping in the Forest Sites call; 0845 130 8224 or visit; www.campingintheforest.co.uk
- Camping in the Forest offers naturally inspired short breaks and holidays set amongst the woodlands of the Forestry Commission and is managed under agreement by The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club took over the management of all Camping in the Forest Sites from November 1, 2010.
- There are 20 award-winning Camping in the Forest Sites across the UK: Ardgartan, Cashel, Cobleland, Glenmore, Bracelands, Christchurch, Aldridge Hill, Ashurst, Denny Wood, Matley Wood, Hollands Wood, Homsley, Ocknell, Longbeech, Roundhill, Setthorns, Beddgelert, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill.
- Camping in the Forest Sites offer Forest Ranger experiences including: Dusk watch, Forest Survival and Young Explorers and self-lead activities.
- National Awards include:
- 18 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 2 Silver David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 6 Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 9 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 5 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011