Club to Offer Campsites During the Summer of 2012
Event Campsites 2012
The Camping and Caravanning Club has partnered with Gravesham Borough Council to offer two event campsites during July and August 2012.
In light of the increased visitor numbers during the summer of 2012, the Club will organise, administer and manage a combined site at Gravesend/Old Gravesendians Rugby Clubs (247 pitches) and another at Culverstone Recreation Ground (221 pitches).
The Temporary Holiday Sites, which include toilet and shower facilities and clubhouses, will operate from Friday, July 20, 2012 to Thursday, August 16 inclusive and will cater for all units.
Both locations are close to Ebbsfleet International Station. The station is operating a high-speed rail link to Stratford Station in London (the Olympic Park and Olympic Stadium), with a journey time of approximately 10 minutes.
Membership Services Director Paul Jones is delighted to have teamed up with Gravesham Borough Council and said: “Gravesham is a unique place offering new and returning visitors a rewarding and memorable experience.
“Tourism already makes a significant contribution to the Gravesham economy but hopefully the influx of domestic and overseas visitors to our campsites will help grow tourism even further within the borough and beyond.
“We are expecting interest from countries such as Holland, Belgium, Spain, Italy, France and Germany as well as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA, so we are advising people to register their interest early.”
Cllr David Turner, Gravesham Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure, added: “We are delighted that The Camping and Caravanning Club is coming to this area for 2012 as part of our offering.
“The area is brimming with potential with the Dickens bicentenary as well as our proximity to the Olympic Stadium and all the county’s great attractions.”
Camping will start from £30 a night, based on a minimum three-night stay, and normal Club rules will apply whilst staying on site.
To register your interest in camping on either of the sites visit: www.2012camping.co.uk or www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/2012camping from Monday, January 17, 2011.
Bookings lines for members and non-members will open from March 2011.
Gravesham is on the south bank of the River Thames, a convenient 25 miles from central London and now just 24 minutes to the capital by high speed train. It comprises the towns of Gravesend and Northfleet, together with the villages of Cobham, Higham, Luddesdown, Meopham, Shorne and Vigo.
The London 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London and across the UK from July 27 to
August 12, 2012, followed by the Paralympic Games from August 29 to September 9, 2012.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is not a sponsor of, or in any way associated with, the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)