Famous Harrier on Club Site
Club Certificated Site owner Neil Banwell has a very special surprise for visitors to his site - an original Sea Harrier Plane!
Neil bought the historic plane in April 2007 from the on-line auction site eBay and is restoring it to its former glory on his Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site at Castle Farm in Wedmore.
He said: “In the nice summer weather we bring the plane out to the field and let the campers sit in it! It’s just something a bit unusual that our visitors love.”
“The plane itself has a long history, being one of the first aircrafts on the scene of the Falklands War and really is spectacular to see.”
To book a pitch at Castle Farm, please call 01934 712267, visit www.castlefarmcamping.co.uk or email email@example.com. To find out more about the site, or any of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Certificated Sites visit www.siteseeker.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site