Director of Finance, HR & Business Systems
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping.
We are a leading UK membership organisation, providing a wealth of products and services covering all aspects of camping and caravanning in the United Kingdom and abroad.
Our turnover is over £64m, we operate a network of 120 UK campsites, have 250 employees based in our modern Coventry Head Office and an additional 500 employees based on our sites seasonally.
We are seeking a Director of Finance, HR and Business Systems to be responsible for the Club’s finances, people and systems as part of a new, enthusiastic and energetic leadership team. If you have a strong work ethic, operate openly and with integrity, thrive on managing and coordinating diverse functions and organisation wide projects and want the opportunity to lead both strategically and operationally to ensure the long term success of an established organisation, this is the role for you.
The post oversees departments with a combined headcount of over 50 employees and has 3 direct reports. As one of the members of the Senior Leadership Team consisting of 4 Directors, led by our Director General, together our aim is to deliver exceptional campsites, services and experiences to our members while staying true to our core purpose and values.
We would welcome applications from senior accountancy professionals that have experience working at FD/CFO level who have had senior experience of leading other central support disciplines.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the Club’s overall business strategy
- Develop and implement Finance, People & Systems strategies to support the overall Club Strategy, to ensure financial, people and technical resources are being used effectively
- Annual budgeting, financial statements and tax
- Short, medium and long term financial planning and forecasting
- Management of funding solutions and external funding partners to support the Club’s investments
- Ensure all financial, people, IT and compliance processes are understood and followed, mitigating risks as required
- Ensure all financial, people, IT and compliance policies comply with relevant laws and legislation to protect our Club
- Working with the Head of Finance, Head of HR and Head of Technology, ensuring these key central resources support and meet the needs of the Club.
- To take collective ownership and responsibility for the Club’s performance as part of the Senior Leadership Team
If you have the following qualities we would welcome a conversation:
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- MBA or similar strategic management qualification
- Senior level experience, operating as FD/CFO, ideally in a Not-For-Profit organisation or in the Tourism and Leisure industry
- Experience of operating across non-financial disciplines
- Strong experience of developing and delivering organisational strategies and translating those strategies into practical plans of action
- Commercially focused, technically strong, insightful and inspiring, with the ability to operate at both strategic & operational levels
- Proven experience of challenging, coaching and developing managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to build effective relationships at all levels
- Clear evidence of a customer centric approach, whether internal or external, as a key driver in achievement of results
We are a Not-for-profit organisation with a strong commercial as well as customer focus, we benefit from continuous development and investment in resource. The Club is owned and run by our members. Our Senior Leadership Team report into a Voluntary Executive Committee, therefore the post requires the ability to gain trust and credibility with different audiences
The Director of Finance, HR and Business Systems presents a unique opportunity to lead strategically and operationally, accelerating our growth and to expand on commercial opportunities in a celebrated organisation.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2020
1st interviews will be held in February 2020
To apply, please send your cv, covering letter and salary expectation for the attention of Barny Baker (Recruitment Advisor) at The Camping and Caravanning Club to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call directly for an initial conversation in confidence - 02476475573