HR Manager, Coventry, 30 hours a week over 5 days
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, which means that every penny spent with us is invested back into improving facilities and services for our members.
We are a £64m turnover organisation with over 250 staff in our modern Head Office, seasonally our headcount rises to around 800 as we staff campsites Our products include network of more than 100 UK campsites, Camping in the Forest, ReadyCamp and we have an in-house Travel Service that provides Club members with campsite bookings throughout Europe, as well as organising fly-drive tours to exciting destinations such as Argentina, New Zealand and Japan.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our busy HR function, managing a team of 4.
As HR Manager you will take responsibility for all day to day operational aspects, ensuring the provision of a high quality and professional service to the Club and it’s employees.
Your Main duties and responsibilities will be:
• To lead and develop the HR team to deliver a true business partner approach, adding value to the different operations within the Club
• Empower the team to excel in their roles, by guiding, supporting, setting objectives and monitoring and managing performance through effective communication
• Advise and support line management both at HQ and across the Sites network by providing expert guidance on all aspects of HR and Employment Law
• Understand the Club’s goals and build strong collaborative working relationships with managers across the organisation in order to achieve those goals
• Work with the Head of HR and Recruitment team to ensure an attractive Employer Brand is created and maintained to position the Club as an Employer of Choice, recruiting the right people for the right reasons
• To support on the delivery of relevant training interventions and management training courses, as well as providing individual coaching to operational managers
• Work with the Head of HR to input into the Club’s succession planning, identifying potential and providing appropriate solutions to grow internal talent.
• Oversee investigations and employee relations issues including redundancy, TUPE and grievance situations, supporting the Head of People with the management of any Employee tribunals
• Develop effective and transparent HR procedures and policies to reflect business aims and focus, and oversee their consistent application by management
• To identify continuous improvement across HR systems, processes and procedures
We’re looking for the following in applications:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a HR role, with at least 2 at managerial level
• Previous experience of developing and implementing HR Policies and procedures across a complex, multi-site business
• Working knowledge of UK employment legislation
• Experience of advising managers of all levels in policy and processes
• Qualified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, with evidence of Continued Professional Development
• Excellent customer facing, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Self-confidence and the personal drive to achieve results
• Creates a working environment where creativity is encouraged
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work, with a supportive and dedicated team. We offer free parking and generous annual leave entitlement, amongst other benefits.
This post is part-time. 30 hours a week across 5 days (Monday to Friday)
If you are interested in applying for this post, please email your CV, along with a covering letter and salary expectation for the attention of Barny Baker (Recruitment Advisor) to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it may not be possible for the Club to communicate back with each applicant. Please note, that if do not receive any correspondence from the club within two weeks of sending your application, you should assume that unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted directly by the club via email, or telephone.
The Camping and Caravanning Club actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match the needs of the Club with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.