Regional Development Surveyor
Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping. We operate a network of more than 100 UK Club Sites as well as 16 Camping in the Forest sites.
We have over half a million members and 800 employees, we're definitely not a small operation; although our culture still retains that friendly, 'family' feel that so many companies seem to have lost. Being a not-for-profit gives us a different approach from purely commercial organisations, and means corporate hierarchies and unnecessary red tape aren’t part of our make-up.
We are currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor. The successful applicant will be part of a team responsible for our network site repairs and capital projects. We are committed to a strategic plan and invest c£5m each year into our network.
Our assets are varied in size and location, we own, manage or lease over 140 sites across the UK. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of projects and take ownership of each step, working alongside an immediate team, site staff, contractors and external agencies. All to ensure sites are developed, maintained and operating at optimum efficiency for the benefit of our customers.
The posts day to day duties involve aspects of:
- Design/Build Refurbishment and Improvement Schemes Prepare CAD Drawings and Designs
- Tender Submissions and Preparations of Specifications
- Site Inspection
- Contract Management
- Team and Department Support
Applicants should be able to demonstrate many of the following skills and experience:
- Surveying and measuring skills
- Drawing preparation using CAD
- IT computer building services packages, including Microsoft Project
- Ability to produce and communicate technical information in drawn and written format
- Knowledge of current building legislation, construction practices and materials, Contract Administration and Forms of Contract and CDM Regulations
- The ability to deal courteously and effectively with internal clients and members of the public
- Experience of green field sites
- Knowledge of external agencies eg. Environment Agency, English Heritage, etc.
- Some knowledge of mechanical and electrical installations
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the continuous improvement of The Camping and Caravanning Club. We might be the world’s oldest and largest Club for all forms of camping, but our ideas and services are forward thinking, and industry leading. We offer a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and a great working environment.
If you want to be involved in our future and feel this role will give you the freedom and diversity you’ve been seeking, please send a CV and covering letter in the first instance, with details of current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org