Founded in 1901, The Club is the oldest and largest in the world for all forms of camping.
Our Marketing and Communications department in has over 50 employees across Publications, Digital, Communications and Brand Executives.
As part of our offering, The Camping and Caravanning club produce a monthly magazine (print and digital format) for over 300,000 household members.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Publications team for an Editorial Assistant.
The role involves assisting with editorial matters and helps ensure the smooth running of our Publications Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an established in-house, monthly publication team.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Co-ordinate Magazine email inbox and web enquiries
- Check magazine copy including phone numbers and websites.
- Book/liaise with photographers and writers.
- Update the magazine’s progress board
- Open and sort post
- Code Invoices and handle accounts payable to contributors.
- First point of contact for all correspondence to the Publications team
- Keep a central diary system on behalf of the Publications Team
- Assist with the co-ordination of test units
- Sort and administer competition entries
- Notifying competition winners and companies supplying prizes
To be successful in this role you will have the following attributes:
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent with Microsoft packages
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- Experience in stock management is desirable, but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to converse at all levels
Previous interest or experience in magazine production would be a distinct advantage.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude, generous annual leave entitlement and free parking among our benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send in your CV together with a covering letter and salary expectation to Barny Barker (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications normally received unfortunately it is not possible for the Club to communicate back with each applicant so please note that if you do not hear from the Club within 2 weeks of sending your application you should assume that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion. Candidates selected for interview will normally be contacted by telephone and email.
The Camping and Caravanning Club actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match the needs of the Club with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.